MSFS Add-Ons & Releases

​FREEWARE: FSB - Weather Pack

For them’s that don’t mind presets! :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

FSB - Weather Pack

10 weather presets with epic and atmospheric cloud/fog/rain/snow effects and custom dynamic preview tiles.
These effects have been made originally for Flight Sim Break group flights (FSB Discord here: Flight Sim Break)

Contents of the pack
  • FSB - Above and Below
    An almost opaque layer of clouds between 1500ft and 4000ft. Apart from this, great visibility!
  • FSB - Bells and Whistles (by ReaperOne)
    A lot of high altitude, small and scattered clouds for a clear view with bright lighting and interesting skies.
  • FSB - Halloween (by ReaperOne)
    Strong winds, snow, storms and heavy atmosphere with some gigantic holes in this surrealistic and threatening cloud layer.
  • FSB - Legends: DC-6
    Dense, low altitude clouds, for a painterly sky at dawn and dusk.
  • FSB - Legends: Spitfire
    Heavy, dark clouds, not much visible sky and scattered showers for a typical UK autunmal day.
  • FSB - Legends: Bonanza
    Low altitude soft clouds with a hazy atmosphere acting as a giant light diffuser.
  • FSB - Monsoon
    Extreme temperature and humidity, heavy rain, dark clouds, a bit of wind… with a few spots of free sky here and there.
  • FSB - Silent Hill
    No visibility from ground to 50 000 feet (except a little slice of sky at around 16 000 feet). Temperature cold, but not extreme, snow on the ground and snow falling. Very little wind (except in altitude where it becomes wild)… Welcome to Silent Hill!
  • FSB - The Mist
    Dense fog below 1000 ft. Above it it’s a beautiful sky with big clouds. For IFR.
  • FSB - VOR VFR
    Very good visibility, friendly temperature, not much humidity, nice clouds at high altitude and almost 0 wind at 1500+ feet. Perfect for VOR navigation under VFR rules.

5 Likes

Silent Hill weather sounds like real world Scotland for much of the year

2 Likes

Anyone seen this yet?

Moving Aircraft Carrier with LSO, Arresting Cables, and Catapults » Microsoft Flight Simulator

4 Likes

SIM UPDATE 10 BETA INCOMING!

Great news: the Sim Update 10 Beta is almost ready! We are finalizing beta release notes, prepping the forums, and readying the test build for a target release of tomorrow, July 8th, at 8am PT (1500Z). The Sim Update 10 Forum Feedback category will be made public at that time, and you will find more information on how to join the beta, our overall goals, what kind of feedback we are looking for, and targeted feedback surveys. We look forward to your feedback!

2 Likes
2 Likes

I tested Sim update 10 beta late yesterday and today. No tweeking yet just set it to NVidea DLSS and am getting between 20-25% increase in frame rates over my OpenXR setup. I think MSFS are on the right path here.

2 Likes

Nice freeware Airport!

https://flightsim.to/file/36679/gillespie-field-ksee

4 Likes

MSFS2020 | LIPG - GORIZIA & PIPISTREL FACTORY, ITALY | FREE SCENERY

Download here: https://flightsim.to/file/37051/lipg-gorizia-airfield-pipistrel-factory-italy

Don’t really see myself picking up the -600 as I already have the -700, but that price is hard to beat. Single (passenger) variant only but $35 is a phenomenal price for a jet of this quality; at least assuming you don’t already have the -700 or are waiting for the -800.

Also:

4 Likes

That’s a great price. I’m of the same mindset as you though having bought the -700. I’m happy enough with a single variant of the 73 in my hangar.

Who are you and what did you do to the real @PaulRix ???

5 Likes

I have never seen a 737-600 in the wild. The 737-500 was the most fun-flying airliner ever made. So when the NGs came out, I was really hoping we’d get the 600s–being the same size, they probably shared flying qualities. But I think the economics for the thing were always working against it.

Aren’t the Janet Area 51 shuttle 737-600’s? They always appear to be short and stubby compared to other 73’s used by the airlines.

1 Like

I’m going to have less time for simming going forward as a result of taking on additional work responsibilities. That means I will probably not be buying every new MSFS airplane in sight anymore….probably. :wink:

3 Likes

Are there any modules out or in the works where you can do firefighting in MSFS? I would love to work a fire in a Cl-415

5 Likes

I think Scandinavian Airlines was the only airline to buy them on release…

The craft is there

And I think NeoFly generates some firefighting missions

3 Likes

An end of an era… probably :scream:

1 Like

Although tempted, a bad influencer does not purchase and recommend every add-on aircraft that comes along, lest he lose a necessary amount of credibility. No, a true bad influencer wields his awesome power more like a scalpel than a scythe. He waits for the most irresistible and costly of add-ons, usually minutes after launch. Then reveals its existence, conveniently not mentioning the fact that it already lives in his hangar.

True, occasionally he presents a tasty minimal cost or, the gods be damned, free add-on. But this is only to gather up the most resistant of Spiker, swiftly transforming them into low hanging fruit, if you will.

A bad influencer is nothing if not diabolical in his actions. It is not for us to understand.

6 Likes

Of course, it’s me we are talking about here🤣.