MSFS Add-Ons & Releases

Ummmmmmm…

It’s typical Carenado. The airplane feels quite heavy and maybe a little under powered (although I have never flown a PC12 and on the flight above I was flying out of a high altitude airport).

If you were to only choose one of the two, the H-Jet would be my recommendation… but if you want a short field turboprop with decent speed, range and rough strip capabilitiy then the Carenado PC12 will check all the right boxes, for now at least.

Here is a link to my post further up this thread about the H-Jet.

5 Likes

I think I’ll wait for the Simworks Studios PC-12 but I’ve definitely got my eye on the H-jet.

4 Likes

How does the PC-12 compare to the default included TBM? Especially wrt flying characteristics

I am in deep doo doo. I bought the India Echo Foxtrot F-35 and the F-104G from Skunkworks Simulation. Yikes!

4 Likes

Son, I think you have an addiction. Tis one I believe I also share. I’ve been told as long as bills are paid and you’re not thinking about robbing people or banks, then you are good. :joy: :rofl: :joy:

India Echo Foxtrot makes awesome military ac. I remember flying his stuff back in his freeware days.
Enjoy your flights…

2 Likes

I think the TBM is one of the better default aircraft. I guess there is a realism mod for it too, although I haven’t tried it. The Carenado PC12 feels heavier and maybe a little under powered. If the TBM already fills your single engine turboprop requirements then this PC12 is probably not worth picking up although personally I like the older school EFIS/steam gauge panel.

3 Likes

Ok, I have fallen into a trap. OMG! Is this fun or what!?! New adventures, New Toys!

I spent two hours getting lost in the Grand Canyon, finding a small airfield to fuel up and returning to GCN. Epic Day! The panel with the hole up front is an Air Brake. It has Nitrous Oxide and it is super fun.

7 Likes

FlyingIron have released their Hellcat. :sunglasses:

It flies nicely, and the engine sound is great…really throaty. I wasn’t going to get this one, but you know how that goes.

10 Likes

I used to like you… Now I get the whole bad influencer thing… I am going to get that HELLCAT!

3 Likes

When it comes to flight sims I have a weakness for anything new and shiny. It’s been an expensive few weeks after picking up IL2 Normandy, XP12 and a few airplanes that caught my eye (Vampire, PC12 and now the Hellcat). There are worse ways to burn money I guess. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

That is so tempting.

As I’m more of a Marine aircraft nut, I’ve been kind of waiting for a Wildcat.

But any nice, throaty radial piece of pig iron is difficult to resist!

1 Like

5 Likes

FINAL BETA UPDATE?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/…/blog…/541529

The full release of Sim Update 10 is on its way, slated for next week! While we are pinpointing the exact day of release, our team is currently adding in our final changes and updates for SU10. Beta users can expect one final test build coming shortly. We have also been closely working with NVIDIA regarding our DX12 optimizations and we plan to release SU10 in conjunction with an NVIDIA driver update that will help one of the first issues our Beta users discovered (graphical glitches and artifacts).

It’s been incredibly helpful to have so many community members test Beta builds with us, so thank you for everything. We are excited for this release and looking forward to what’s next - World Update 11: Canada, and the 40th Anniversary Edition (Sim Update 11)! You will find an updated Development Roadmap below.

MSFS Team

1 Like

My most expensive hobby (not me shooting, and not my photo)

If you want to spend the money, it can make golf look cheap.

1 Like

You fixing the glitches on the clouds??? :smiley:

1 Like

One clay at a time, if I do it right :wink:

3 Likes

Just to remind those looking for some truly awesome freeware, that this is still out there, and after several updates is better than ever!

https://flightsim.to/file/397/hungaryvfr-fs2020

https://youtu.be/w_HF4ny-0ss

4 Likes

Has anyone tried the Concorde for MSFS 2020?

I have some time, distance, heading problems that I have need of addressing. :wink:

Its in my wishlist, but that lack of a INS CIVA and the inclusion of a weirdo FMC its a cold down for me.
Sadly because its a kind of aircraft that i love.

1 Like
3 Likes