MSFS Add-Ons & Releases

You know, this might actually be really cool.

3 Likes

This also could be a lot of fun!

2 Likes
2 Likes

I might get the Steam Gauge Overhaul for the Caravan at some point, but really excited about the same for the King Air 350. It’s been sufficiently hyped on YT. Hoping to get it in time for the Christmas flight.

1 Like

I picked up the IndiaFoxtEcho M-346 and am liking it a lot. In VR it looks terrific inside and out and despite a glass cockpit hasn’t impacted on my frame rate. I got it from Orbx which is where I picked up their MB-339 a while back.

3 Likes

How is the flight model?

1 Like

The M346 is up to IFE’s usual standards and I think it is great value for the price point.

Cold and dark on the ramp at RAF Valley. You can adjust the load out by adding weights to the various stations on the W&B screen. I would much prefer a tablet with these options as using the W&B page is a clunky workaround.

Nice detailing on the exterior model.

The front office.

Even with drop tanks and ‘smokewinders’, the M-436 is quite spritely.

Heading south for a Mach Loop run…

The flight model seems reasonable although it really wants to pick up speed on the ground, even when fully loaded up. It handles nicely in the air. Overall very nicely done.

7 Likes

I should really learn to fly the Mach Loop even though the only military jet I have is the L39 from the Reno package.

Edit: And the F18 of course :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR - FSR2 SUPPORT INCOMING, PLUS A SURPRISE UPDATE

2 Likes

My first thought was,

“FSR 2 support?” That’s awesome!

“Wow, finally. FSR 2”.

“What’s FSR 2”?

But I did finally watch the video. :wink:

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

12 Likes

really nicely modeled bird inside-out.

noticed your seasonal trees colors. are you using AccuSeason from REX ?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know!

Yes indeed, it’s REX AccuSeason. I have it set to run every day at midnight and overall, I really like it a lot.

1 Like

then another question. you mentioned in Xmas track thread that the trees around your house are bigger than irl. but isnt one of the REX AS also trees hight setting?

Yes, you can.

It’s not going to be perfect though.

2 Likes

I was debating getting this, but I’ve heard mixed things and always felt that MSFS was going to do this “any time now”. :wink:

But, you being a, “knower of things”, I’m tempted
Yet again.

I’m sure Asobo will do seasons eventually, and most probably better than what REX have managed to do, but for the price I don’t regret picking it up.

1 Like

OrbX released their PAC P-750 X-STOL this morning… Being a complete sucker for well, pretty much any unusual new airplane (ok… any airplane), I found myself clicking on Buy and Install. It’s been an expensive week!

A very quick hop from Glentanner (NZGT) to Mount Cook (NZMC)

She’s an odd looking bird. Sturdy but obviously not built for speed.

It really doesn’t need a lot of runway…

The panel is functional with some nice custom instrumentation. The tablet seems to only have a single page of settings (I could of course be doing something wrong).

As with any good STOL airplane, with the prop forward and power back to idle, you can drop like a rock

Over the fence I’m already a bit low and slow…

…but I was able to milk it out in the flare to touch down on the piano keys.

With agressive braking and reverse thrust, I was able to stop before the end of the second centerline stripe which is quite impressive.

I think I will have some fun with this one. The airplane has 4 varients… Passenger, Cargo, Sky Diving and Agriculture… For $25 I’d say it’s good value. Hopefully they will continue to refine it. I would like to see support for the PMS GTN750, some more options on the tablet etc etc. The sounds are evidently borrowed from the stock Caravan. Some people won’t like that but frankly, I can’t imagine they sound much different from each other…a PT6 is a PT6.

9 Likes

lol, I am not a big fan of Caravan looks, but comparing to this bird that Cessna is definitely a looker :smile:

… its like turboprop cargo Robin DR300 :slight_smile:

2 Likes