MSFS News

Is anyone other than me somewhat hesitant to get anything like this before MSFS2020 get’s it’s helicopter update … in a year. I know it is a long time but I am wondering about them shoe-horning in a flight model that seems to work in an engine that is obviously going to change. Or am I just being a flight model rivet counting junkie?

1 Like

Just leaving this here…

https://pms50.com/msfs/

2 Likes

Yeah, same here.

Based on how good the freeware H135 is, I don’t think there is too much to worry about.

My understanding of how they are doing this is that the flight model is done outside of MSFS so I would guess that it will work just fine even though the sim itself doesn’t support rotary wing at this point.

2 Likes

@everyone G3000 v0.6.1 is now available: Release g3000-v0.6.1 · Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages · GitHub

3 Likes

A lot happening, and or about to happen…

1 Like

From Salty Simulations:

Version 0.3.0 | @everyone

Thank you to our development team, contributors and QA testers for making this release happen.

Some notable new features are:

• Complete visual redesign of all displays
  • New custom EFIS font
  • SimBrief integration and WX/METAR and ATIS requests
  • Improvements to VNAV
  • Largely refined EICAS message logic and messages

Check #changelogs or the GitHub release for a full changelog.

Download 0.3.0: Release v0.3.0 · saltysimulations/salty-747 · GitHub

2 Likes

The working title team is now hiring!

@everyone Do you want to come to work with us? Good news: we’re now hiring! We’re looking for engineers at all levels who would be interested in working alongside us full-time as we build new and exciting things. Stop by our brand new jobs page to see what we have open, and feel free to share the news and link with anyone you think may be interested. As always, reach out to us if you have any questions or want more information. Thanks! Working Title - Jobs

1 Like

From the Working Title Discord:

@everyone G3000 v0.6.2 is now available: Release g3000-v0.6.2 · Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages · GitHub

Release highlights include compatibility with laurinius’s MSFS Traffic Service app to enable Offline AI and SimConnect-injected traffic to be tracked by the mod (refer to the README for details on how to use this feature), and a fix for a bug that could cause performance issues and/or unresponsive screens when flying in certain parts of the world. Please refer to the README.md and CHANGES.md files included in the zip file for more release information.

Tried to put this in MSFS2020 news but it says I am not allowed to reply there so much.

Release Highlights

Please refer to the changelog for a more detailed description of changes in this release.

• Added the ability to insert airways into flight plans.
  • Added support for standby flight plans.
  • Added the Flight Plan and Procedure Preview panes.
  • Added the Flight Plan Text Inset window for the Navigation Map.
  • For the Longitude: the GTC Flight Plan Keypad now supports direct entry of routes into flight plans (please refer to the changelog for the syntax).

Fixes

• [FPLN] Fixed a bug where the GTC Flight Plan page would display a different active leg from the navigation map and PFD navigation status bar.
  • [GTC] The Flight Plan page should now report accurate leg-leg distances for all flight plan legs.
  • [GTC] The Back button now works properly in the Procedure Selection pages.
  • [GTC] The Waypoint Keyboard now provides accurate indications of when a match for the entered waypoint ident has been found.
  • [GTC] Fixed a graphical glitch affecting certain touchscreen buttons.
  • [Charts] The mod should now be better at “remembering” Navigraph account access and should not require account re-linking as frequently.
  • [VFR Map] Fixed a bug preventing the VFR Map from being moved when it was not detached to a separate window.
2 Likes

I think it’s just a hint and can be ignored for things like news threads - we appreciate you posting. Maybe @Troll can move this one?

He most certainly can! :slight_smile:

@HiFlyer, that’s supposed to be a hint, like @fearlessfrog mentions.
Did it actually say you weren’t allowed to post…?

It said I was only allowed to reply to the thread a maximum of 5 or six times with no other replies from others being made, and since the last 5 posts there were apparently mine, it gave me a raspberry and said to scram. :yum:

1 Like

Well, between you and me, discobot can be a bit rude sometimes…
Ain’t that so,

@discobot fortune

4 Likes

:crystal_ball: Yes

3 Likes

I’ve changed that setting, so should be good now.

5 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: CaptainSim threatens it’s community and customers

A post was merged into an existing topic: CaptainSim threatens it’s community and customers

Working Title Simulations #wt-news

— Today at 11:15 AM

@everyone Following SimUpdate 4 we’ve updated our mods for compatibility and some even enjoyed new features or bugfixes. Have fun!

CJ4 updated to v0.12.5 - Working Title /CJ4 - v0.12.5
G1000 updated to v0.3.6 -https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/g1000/2021/05/25/g1000-release-v0.3.6.html
G3000 current version v0.7.0 should still work - https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/g3000/2021/05/21/g3000-release-v0.7.html
G3X updated to v0.1.0-dev7 - https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/g3x/2021/05/25/g3x-release-v0.1.0-dev7.html

In other news for SU4:

MSFS Sim Update 4 and FBW A32NX (From the FBW Team)

Hi there,

We have updated the development version of the A32NX to work with Sim Update 4. Please check if you have the latest version installed.

Although: due to changes in the lift of the flaps, a bounce can appear during certain flap settings (flaps 1 to flaps 2 and flaps 3 to flaps FULL). The stable version is less affected than the development version. We’re already working on a fix.

On the bright side: with SU4 the weather radar is now showing precipitations instead of cloud coverage. Also SimConnect injected traffic (e.g. VATSIM, IVAO) is now implemented in the TCAS.

You can update to the latest development version using our installer from https://flybywiresim.com/ or download it directly at https://flybywiresim.com/a32nx#download

1 Like