MSFS2020 - IFR features discovery series ep. 8

Wow, I have been waiting to see how they deal with IFR and navaids and I am not disappointed! The sim will be updated with each airac cycle! The flight planning looks great too, I love the fluidity of the map.

5 Likes

Well thatā€™s not in the least bit impressive. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Flight planning tool looks really nice.

1 Like

That looked very nice indeed! I also really like the SID/STAR integration with the ATC.

I may have missed this but, doesnā€™t that imply, or make me think it implies, FS2020 will need to be subscription-based? Or am I late the to the party? Honestly not interested until, A) Itā€™s stable, b) stable in VR, and c) I can actually run it in VR without spending another $3k+ on a new rig.

1 Like

Hi welcome to flight simming. None of these will ever be true. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, by the time a) and b) are true, youā€™ll be three hardware generations behind and c) canā€™t possibly be true. :laughing:

1 Like

To answer the original question @jross, I donā€™t think they have said whether or not it will be subscription based, but I believe they mentioned it would be available on game pass(subscription service), so I guess it is subscription based? I havent been following development too closely though.

IIRC they said somewhere that both will be possible.

As for the video:
Now thatā€™s what I call a simulation environment! Even if the planes were just FSX level this would be awesome.

Iā€™m hip. What I really mean isā€¦Iā€™m gonna wait a while :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m trying really hard to not get over-hyped about this game. Iā€™m trying, I really am :P. But this kind of video makes it extremely hard. The built-in flight planning is cool, but as more of an offline flyer, the robust ATC integration is really hyping me up (especially coming from x-plane 11). I already have a subscription to Game Pass for the family, so this will likely be a ā€œfreeā€ game for me :).

And then the thought of eventually having Air Hauler support for FS2020ā€¦ :drooling_face:

Yes, this. Been there, done that. Got the T-shirt (and beer Koozie)

This is excellent but, see above. I have a simple ā€˜quizā€™ for it.

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Sadly those are quite a bit bigger than the planes I like to fly, but I guess those will make a lot of summers very happy!

1 Like

PMDG always had its focus on airliners anyway. I think the smallest airplane they ever modelled was the 19 pax Beechcraft 1900. Weā€™ll most likely have to wait for other 3rd parties to anounce that they will be working on FS2020 to see GA sized aircraft.

1 Like

Yeah I kinda expect Carenado, A2A and Aerosoft to quickly fill some spots there.

1 Like

I might have to jump on this just to fly the PMDG DC_6,One of my favorites from XPlane 10