Mudspike Food Thread

Would you like fresh ground pepper with your salad?

Couple of salad tips:
Served before the main course, of course
Always use a salad fork!

4 Likes

wait, that isn’t the main course? All you have to do is throw some chicken breast or salmon on there, and you’re good to go! :smiley:

3 Likes

Maybe half a boar too… :slight_smile:

0 Likes

THE NORDIC LODGE!! ALL YOU CAN EAT LOBSTER! :smiley:

1 Like

Learning and testing…as well as tasting.

5 Likes

What’s in the cake? That looks pretty tasty :cake:

1 Like

Yum, That picture makes me want a piece.

Wheels

1 Like

6 eggs with 1 cup of sugar. (Error: too many eggs) 250 grams of flour. ~35 min into oven at 355F.
Cake is cooled and cut horizontally into 3 sections.
Frosting is 800 grams of sour cream (error: way too much) mixed with caramel dipping sauce and few spoons of sugar. Added whipping mixture to “harden” frosting.
Between each layer chopped up strawberry with frosting. Then frosting all around…and decorating blueberry with strawberry on top.

I was trying to make most lazy way possible “butchlor cake” that is not too sweet.

2 Likes

Latest versions. reduced in size. For daugh 2 eggs, 75g of sugar, 80g of flour.

and some stir fry. Marinated chicken breast, string beans, peppers and onion.

2 Likes

So, we got our weekly produce box and I don’t know who we’ve angered, but they included TWO FULL HEADS of celery. Stalks. No leaves, just stalks.

Anybody have any ideas for them that don’t involve peanut butter, salads, or using them in a stir fry?

1 Like

Serve them with a side of wings. :wink:

Alton Brown’s recipe for braised celery is pretty good (if you like celery):https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/braised-celery-recipe-1939479

0 Likes

Get some carrots and onions and chicken and start making some soup!

1 Like

Wife whipped up another Purple Carrot meal…this one was actually pretty hearty tasting… and no, those aren’t grubs…

1 Like

The lipids and cholesterol salad I made today.

7 Likes

What kind of an inhumane monster puts mac and cheese on a SANDWICH?!?!?!?!

1 Like

Honey cake. No artificial color was added…spinach brings green.

4 Likes

Sounds weird, but I would try a slice!

1 Like

Cake and spinach are not typically words I associate together in the same dish.

3 Likes

I thought the same about carrot cake until I tried a slice, now it’s one of my favourites.

1 Like

I like the cake, like the icing, but I can’t stand the carrots so those don’t get eaten. Funnily enough I like raw carrots, cooked and steamed carrots, but putting them in a cake make them unpalatable to me for some reason.

Wheels

0 Likes