NATO Ministry of Information video thread

I don’t fawn over a lot of European aircraft, but I do fawn over the Jag-U-Are

1 Like

Arrakis…Dune…Desert Planet.

Though it does seriously look like Shai-Hulud would burst out and eat them on approach.

DCS: Muad’dib

2 Likes

but what I want is DCS: Ornithopter

Combat Version
c0011402_03105553

Spotter/Leisure Unit

1 Like

An Autumn masterpiece …

b0b1dcfb76e5f1881e2eee83c28d04c1

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone! :pie: You BETTER like pumpkin pie!

7 Likes

Harrier is hard not to love…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVfTZxt6UWE

3 Likes

Let’s not forget…there’s a damn ocean inside that ship!

3 Likes

What the heck is this creature?

1 Like

Oh dear…it should definitely be named Boaty McBoatFace… You can almost see the thought bubbles above the Marines later in the video going “WTF…why did they send us this??”

1 Like

2017 West Coast Strike Fighter Ball…love the game intro…! (Is this the first cruise video that actually has operational F-35s in it?)

https://youtu.be/tjRJBBXG_sA

1 Like

I’ve watch The Pentagon Wars yesterday, an excellent movie about scope creep. But it got me wondering, is/was the Bradley really that bad or has it been exaggerated? The movie is based on a book so there’s that.

Even after the troubled development history of the Bradley[5] additional problems occurred after production started as described in a book by Air Force Colonel James G. Burton,[6] which was adapted for the 1998 film The Pentagon Wars starring Kelsey Grammer and Cary Elwes. Burton advocated the use of comprehensive live fire tests to be used against fully loaded military vehicles to check for survivability. The Army and Navy agreed and established the Joint Live Fire testing program in 1984.[7] When testing the Bradley, however, disagreements occurred between Burton and the Ballistic Research Laboratory (BRL) at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, which preferred smaller, more controlled, “building block” tests that could be used to improve the databases used to model vehicle survivability, as opposed to full up tests with random shots, which reduce the possibility of bias but produced little useful statistical data.[7] In addition, Burton insisted on a series of “overmatch” tests in which weapon systems would be fired at the Bradley that were known to be able to easily penetrate its armor. Burton saw attempts to avoid such tests as dishonest, while the BRL saw them as wasteful as they already knew the vehicle would fail.[7] The disagreements became so contentious that a Congressional inquiry was set up. As a result of the tests, additional improvements to vehicle survivability were added.

No, but that wouldn’t make an entertaining movie. Bradley is good, strong tonk-ette.

1 Like

Also, you beat me to it. Foiled!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Awesome link! Thanks!

Interesting video of a Hungarian military exercise (Clever Ferret 2017). You get to see a wide variety of military equipment including helicopters in the Hungarian military service. Also some neat looks at a motorized combat company practicing an assault on ENY dug in positions.

They show some Mangusta Attack Helicopters in here as well. I was wondering if anyone knew whether the Hungarian military had purchase Mangusta’s as their attack helicopter choice? Maybe looking them over for possible purchase? Anyway, fun video to watch.

1 Like

Not a video…but an interesting article about the possible almost loss of the first prototype Embraer KC-390 due to a load shift incident during high angle stall testing… Pucker factor 10/10…jeez…

“During the maneuver, an equipment used for the tests, detached from its place and rolled to the back of the cargo compartment causing a sudden change in the center of gravity (CG) of the aircraft. As a consequence of the rapid displacement of the CG the pilots lost control of the airlifter, that stalled and started to spin towards the ground. Reportedly, the pilots were able to recover the aircraft as it was only 1,000 feet (about 300 m) above the ground, and landed the KC-390 safely in Gavião Peixoto airfield.”

1 Like

http://amp.timeinc.net/thedrive/the-war-zone/16181/apparently-navy-pilots-from-nas-whidbey-island-drew-this-massive-penis-in-the-sky?source=dam

Heh.

6 Likes

And in a few years of time: “Offspring of coy mother with zero sense of humor lives 20 years without knowing he has a penis”.

Some people have a weird relationship to their own bodies. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can just imagine the banter.

“Extend…we need to make it longer…”

“Hey…looks like the left one is a bit smaller than the right one…”

“Damn jet stream is giving it a curve…”

2 Likes