New Comanche game incoming

I was excited when I saw the title. After watching it I got sad …

Its like they were remaking the good old Comanche game and then a six-year old CEO walked in and started out barking demands.

3 Likes

“I know, let’s announce a remake of a fantastic game that victork2 played for billions of hours in his youth. But just for fun lets take everything victork2 hates about gaming at the moment and stuff it into a trailer just before he leaves for work so he spends all day miserable and dejected and wanting to set fire to things”

“Do it”

7 Likes

It makes you wonder “who is this for?”

The target audience appears to be those who were still in diapers, if they were even born yet, when the program was canceled. Those of us who saw them fly and remember them as the Kiowa replacement that never was aren’t so easily dazzled.

To be fair, the original games were hardly even LOMAC-level modeling. But while the systems were simplified, you never felt like you were playing Chopper Command with voxels. I fondly remember playing coop Comanche with a friend at the movie theater I was working at, and when you locked up the other player you’d hear a “Get that laser outta my face!” over the radio. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a sign that the flight game market gets saturated.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the following thing with this title:

• free to play
  • premium account
  • ingame currencies
  • tech tree and grind mechanics
1 Like

Ha! It’s like the trailer casually switched to a trailer for a new Descent game there in the middle, then just switched back to helicopters!

2 Likes

Stop. Please I’ve suffered enough today :joy::joy:

1 Like

Let’s face it, had they had decided to call this “Death Flight 3000” or “Super Chopper” or something else as inane (“Elite Dangerous” having already been taken) we might not be as against this title. After all it as “Special Abilities” …maybe like in System Shock 2? :dizzy_face:

But no…, some “suit” decided, “…and then we can name it Comanche so we can capture the middle-aged male demographic…and rip out their souls by doing so!”

4 Likes

I saw the word drones and lost interest.

2 Likes

‘Activate special abilities’

*shudders

1 Like

That is not a RAH-66. This is just another shooter game; simply replace the shooter guy with a helo-like thing and you have this insult. It’s not even on the same vein as the old Apache Air Assault. Sad.

1 Like

That looks…horrible.

1 Like

The comments on YouTube are great.

1 Like

I had totally forgotten that Novalogic sold everything, lock, stock, and barrel, to THQ. It’s not like Nova made top-tier games, but they did make some good ones that are about to be desecrated.

3 Likes

Well that’s a big NOPE from me, but then I don’t think it is really aimed a middle aged guy who has been simming for 35 years… just a guess there :wink: .

1 Like

Joint Ops was my favorite NL game, but I admittedly skipped their Delta Force series.

The bots in JO were the Borg, where as soon as one guy saw you everyone knew where you were to the extent that they would turn and fire at solid ground because they now knew you were on the other side of the ridge, and the coop also eliminated more than half the vehicles from the game :frowning: but there was nothing greater than 4 players on dirt bikes racing to the objective at 40mph and 40ft over said ridges. :smile:

2 Likes

Not too different from the first Delta Force then. Fire a loud weapon and everybody goes around shooting random directions at anything and everything. The sky, the grass, Achmed, the Gazelle, the roof, the well, the wall in front of them…

1 Like

Not to add insult to injury, but what did you expect? Comanche by Novalogic was never meant to be a simulation, it was always a game first. Enemy Engaged was a simulation lightweight in its own time but still took the simulation aspect miles further than anything that ever came from the Comanche series.

They hit the peak of realism with Comanche 3, which mixed the realism and hot action pretty well. Would like to see something in similar vein.

Just to remind you guys …

3 Likes

I’m reserving an opinion until I see how they implement retreating blade stall and vortex ring state…ouch!…i pulled a sarcasm muscle

2 Likes