P3D Shots

Messing around with AI Carriers (.net) the other night. :japanese_goblin:

1 Like

Literally…wake turbulence…

1 Like

Honey, I really feel like going downtown tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37vLDDXXxR8

2 Likes

The Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended now updated for P3D V4, over some Orbx PNW.

6 Likes

2 Likes

@Troll might recognize this area…

2 Likes

That looks great!

Here’s a couple from me - both v3. The first is Cardiff with MyTraffic 6. I love the ground crew stuff - the little guys actually move around - those baggage handlers actually throw the cases onto the conveyor belts!

…and this is the Bell 222B from Cera Sim with a custom Royal Navy skin from CBFS - the VC is absolutely gorgeous in VR:

1 Like

He might…
Didn’t I post this earlier?

1 Like

deleted to save my reddening fisog

You probably did post it earlier…because I printed out the Helle approach plates and I’ll be featuring it in the next issue of PC Pilot. Got time for a couple “in the know” questions?

I love that kind of missed approach - “Must be flown manually, max 104 kt. IAS and min 25 degree bank angle…”

https://ais.avinor.no/AIP/Latest/aip/ad/ensh/EN_AD_2_ENSH_5-1_en.pdf

Always! Shoot.

A nice end to a circling approach at minimums there at ENSH… :thumbsup: Props to @Troll for his skillz…this place is no joke in the weather!

2 Likes

:blush:

That’s the Iris C-27J HUD view by the way. A great performing little bird…I was able to land, stop, and takeoff in the remaining runway…

Still doing some updating of aircraft to P3D v4… This morning got the updated versions of the Carenado Do-228 (one of my favorites) and Cheyenne II…

Tight little strip (8OR3)…but she plopped in there nicely…!

Mmmm…Beaver…

3 Likes

Beach, do you find the Iris C-27 a bit loose, in handling? I’ve had it since release, but was a little put off by that. It has been updated, of course, to the “Battlefield Airlifter” release - maybe the FM got some tweaks.

I spy the MilViz Beaver there, too. The Aerosoft Beaver X was my first ever payware purchase for FSX and I really like it. I got the MilViz one last week and I think they are very different from each other. Which one is more accurate, I have no idea.

2 Likes

Here’s some recent military types:

3 Likes

Well…as Iris states on their site - their C-27 is their “artistic impression” of the C-27…so much of it is a W.A.G. I think with regards to both systems and flight model. To me, it feels over-powered in that it accelerates more swiftly than what I’d expect perhaps. I don’t think it is a super robust flight model, but I like it for what it is.

Indeed - working on a review for the magazine for it. Fun little bird that is more about where you take it rather than the intricacies of flying it (in my opinion). My only near comparison is the Soul Made Sim X-Plane Beaver…which is very nice. I prefer flying in X-Plane, so I like the “feel” of the Beaver in XP a bit better than FSX/P3D…but isolating that from my opinion, the Milviz Beaver is really great for the platform it was made for.

I love bush planes…so I have a natural fondness for anything with tundra tires…!

Right, sounds like we have similar tastes, in simming at least. I read your article on Milford Sound and was notionally thanking you, because I had been to that very airfield a couple of months ago, in P3Dv3, and couldn’t for the life of me remember where it was. I recognised it straight away in your screenshots, so thanks for that! I really enjoyed using it as base to check out the area for a possible Air Hauler base.

1 Like