Pets of Mudspike

The better to hear you with my dear.

7 Likes

Nice! We love seeing foxes in our neighborhood. There is a very pretty black one that shows up time to time.
The pups are really cute.
We keep a close eye on our cats, lock them in at night, although some neighbor cats are out at night. We got a game camera and see racoons, coyotes, strange cats, peacocks (they did not last long).

1 Like

@Cib I think we’re due for a new grown-up pic of the Dog with No Name, don’t you think?

3 Likes

Had to euthanize the dog today. The family is devastated, as he was coming up to 10 years old and my kids got him as their first family dog and grew up with him. He was the softest and sweetest thing.

Cancer in the snout, with a long period of him doing great (CBD oils, anti-swell drugs and pain cocktails, about $500 a month for the last 8 months or so). This morning before his walk he just kept sneezing and the bleeding wouldn’t stop. We’d had episodes with a bit of blood before but this was something else, so we decided that the time was right.

We’ll miss him a lot. Here he is last month with his moose toy.

Bye boy.

15 Likes

That sucks. Sympathies.

I’m so sorry to hear this, @fearlessfrog. It’s always hard to lose a member of your family, even when you know you’re doing it for the best. Sending you and your family good vibes.

1 Like

I’m so sorry @fearlessfrog. My little buddy “Mischief” is 10 and one half now and I can’t help but think time is winding down. I treasure each day with him and dread the day this arrives at my house. Again, so sorry for you and your family.

Very sorry to hear that @fearlessfrog . It is never easy to decide when it is the right time to say goodbye. My wife and I had to make that call ourselves recently with our 14 year old dog Buttercup. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Sorry for your loss, @fearlessfrog
Pets are family. I am still pretending my cat will live forever.

Very sorry for your loss @fearlessfrog.

That’s a great looking dog! So sorry to hear, and condolences to you and your family @fearlessfrog

So sorry @fearlessfrog. Nothing worse than losing a part of the family. All my sympathy goes to you. My husky is 12 now and is starting to show his age. Been on some great adventures together in the lorry and I’m dreading the looming day where he goes of on his next one.

Chin up mate.

@fearlessfrog I’m so sorry. It hurts so bad to lose a furry member of the family. I’m wiping away my tears and hoping the good memories of him will carry you through this.

@fearlessfrog sympathies man. How are the others taking it?

Amber in the bottom photo. Those are both front paws haha. Splat! Turns out she actually is the less heavy of the two … Apologies for calling you fatty, Amber!

7 Likes

@fearlessfrog, you made me go all gulpy, there. Very sad.

Thanks for the thoughts gents. Still feels very raw, but it’ll get better in time. The way we see it is that we prevented him a lot of pain by being decisive about it, but that hurt gets passed on to us to bear, which is the way it should be with a sick dog. Losing a pet sucks.

7 Likes

It does, but especially for the children it’s also a learning experience. Everything dies. It’s a fact of life. It’s finitude is what gives meaning to life. Learning to deal with losses like this is an essential part of growing up. Imo.

3 Likes

Thats beautiful

Dr. Girlfriend’s 15 year old cat Boca hasn’t been eating much the last couple of days, amd has spent most of her time hiding under chairs and couches. The vet diagnosed her with very early kidney disease a couple of months ago, and we have an appointment scheduled for later today, but I think we’re both thinking this is likely it.

6 Likes