Project Cars 2

Thanks LB. I’ll give that a look. Hmm. I’m thinking that it should be hosted at our office :smile: FYI, the AI are pretty week in RX at the stock 60%, but they do much better on pavement.

1 Like

I really haven’t spent the time to learn how the AI should be set, because it seems pretty variable to me. Well, that or it’s my skill that is variable. :wink:
It’s not uncommon for me to be able to lap the field with one track/cars combo and then get left in the dust with another using the same AI settings.

I concur with AC lacking “something.” I can’t quite pin it down, but it always felt like it was best as a hot lap sim and weakest when trying to run a series of anything.

I had the same experience and finally settled on the “some starting set ups are really good, some are really off, really really really off” explanation. Although that doesn’t help at all in trying to figure out which setting to put the AI at :smiley:

I have a theory that the AI improve their performance as the tire grip goes up. For instance, in rally cross with the default 60% AI strength, I can smoke the field at the tune of about 3-5 seconds a lap. Likewise in the vintage Le Mans cars with lower grip of the bias ply tires, it takes me about 3-4 laps to make up 10 places. But on the same track in a modern LMP car, the AI corner as if in rails, and will drop you in a nanosecond if you slip out of the draft. You can make up places, but it feels like fighting tooth an nail and they are unforgiving of mistakes.

A great 3 laps of Le Mans in the rain in the LMP1 Toyota hybrid video. The spray and standing water on the track, which are dynamic with the precipitation duration and intensity, is simply amazing in a driving sim.

2 Likes

Man, that’s incredible! I wonder if the weather effects have much impact on VR performance? Have you tried? I’ll have to in the near future.

I got a good view of COTA yesterday while airlining out of KAUS yesterday. Is that track featured in PCars2?

2 Likes

Indeed. It is supposed to be one of the better tracks in the sim.

1 Like

I can see my credit card is going to take another hit. Lol.

whoa, whoa, whoa. There’s too much racing talk for a flight sim site. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think COTA was in PC1, so I haven’t tried it in this sim. But one of the better? What about Spa, Laguna Seca, Red Bull Ring? :stuck_out_tongue:

Should we move the discussion to its own thread and leave the screenshots to this thread?

Yes, to all 3. There are a LOT of tracks in PC2.

Europe

Autodromo Internacional do Algarve
Azure Circuit
Azure Coast (five layouts)
Bannochbrae Road Circuit
Brands Hatch (Indy and GP)
Brno
Cadwell Park (three layouts)
Chesterfield Karting Circuit
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (three layouts)
Donington Park (three layouts)
Glencairn Karting Circuit (six layouts)
Greenwood Karting Circuit
Hockenheimring (three layouts)
Hockenheimring Classic
Hockenheimring Rallycross
Autodromo Internazionale Enzo E Dino Ferrari Imola
Knockhill (five layouts)
Knockhill Rallycross
Lankebanen Rallycross
Circuit de la Sarthe (two layouts)
Le Mans Karting International
Rallycross of Loheac
Lydden Hill (two layouts)
Mercedes-Benz Driving Events Ice Track (six layouts)
Autodromo Nazionale Monza (two layouts)
Autodromo Nazionale Monza Historic (three layouts)
Nurburgring Nordschleife (four layouts)
Nurburgring GP (four layouts)
Nurburgring GP + Nordschleife combined
Motorsport Arena Oschersleben (three layouts)
Oulton Park (three layouts)
Red Bull Ring (three layouts)
Rouen Les Essarts (two layouts)
Sampala Ice Circuit
Silverstone (four layouts)
Silverstone Classic
Snetterton (three layouts)
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Historic
Summerton Karting Circuit (three layouts)
Wildcrest Rallycross (two layouts)
Circuit Zolder

North America

California Highway (five layouts)
Circuit of the Americas (three layouts)
Daytona International Speedway (two layouts)
Daytona Rallycross
Dirtfish (three layouts)
Indianapolis Motor Speedway (two layouts)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Long Beach Street Circuit
Mojave (five layouts)
Road America
Sonoma Raceway (three layouts)
Texas Motor Speedway (three layouts)
Watkins Glen International (two layouts)
Willow Springs International Raceway (two layouts)

Asia and Oceania

Bathurst Mount Panorama
Dubai Autodrome GP (four layouts)
Dubai Kartdrome
Fuji
Ruapuna Park (five layouts)
Sakitto (four layouts)
Sportsland Sugo
Zhuhai International Circuit
1 Like

Yes, I think that’s a good idea. But where? Gaming? I almost feel like Mudspike needs a Motorsports section, but the statistics might disprove my intuition.

@JediMaster thanks for that list. I was hoping for Road Atlanta, but no joy. Sure, it’s my home track, but wow, really fun to drive.

People use a view other than most recent posts? Lol

3 Likes

So I just tried it … Nurburgring with 29 other cars (max), full fog and rain, upped the detail settings and set supersampling to 1.5 … BRILLIANT! 90 fps.

Motorsports sims and current gen VR tech get a big two thumbs up from me! :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Wish I could join you guys for some laps but work is pretty jammed full this week.

VR Sunday driving in my Camaro, so relaxing …

3 Likes

I think just about everything suspension wise may need looking at after that ……

I was flyin’ there mate. Touchdown was oh so sweet. Nice downward relief to that jump.

I did a fair amount of PCars 2 on deployment, I found it was much more enjoyable on controller than PCars was.

I’d love to try it out on VR, I’ve heard it’s amazing.

I used to do a couple Rfactor leagues and still have a G25 but it’s been in a box for at least the last couple years.

Maybe if there’s interest, we could setup a Mudspike “Drive In” similar to the fly ins we’ve done. Just a couple quick fun races.

2 Likes

You still deployed?