Quals

Yes, they do go on sale. Just keep a watch on this page:

And the Daily Deals page (they rotate through the same old stuff…but once in awhile they will have something I’ve been wanting…) -

And the Alabeo stuff for X-Plane is really nice too. I have their Ag-Truck and Tomahawk…both are fantastic…

http://store.x-plane.org/Alabeo_c_76.html

And don’t forget about X-Aviation - they have great products too…and every so often they go on 50% off… They’re Saab 340, T-34C, and Mu-2 are all awesome…oh…and the JetStream and CRJ…all very nice…

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/

Oh…and here is “my” Mi-2…it was a rough paint job…got rid of the Coast Guard stuff and put a few new decals on it…added the winch and the pilot (he is kinda rough…but works if you don’t look too closely at him)…

Gonna load it in the Beluga and fly it up to Alaska… :smiley:

1 Like

Took the Superbug up for a flight in the Norwegian Sea in winter using real time weather. Remind me not to do that again.

Returning to the boat after striking SAM sites around Frøya area, and weather is not great.

Starting to get moderately worried I cannot see the carrier…

Oh thank goodness, it does exist.

It ended up being a less than stellar landing. I let the plane get low as I crossed the ramp, ended up catching the one wire.

1 Like

@near_blind What were you using for SAMs - just the default Tacpack ones? I’d love to get a bit more out of the bug but without ai or units to shoot at, it’s just too… sterile.

I tried CCP but didn’t have much luck with it.

Standard TacPack SA-2s. I’ve found you can place more than one if you set them on different teams, and that ramps up the challenge a little. I tried CCP, and I wasn’t able to get it to work either.

I don’t mean to belittle what VRS has done, it is impressive and I respect it, but as soon as the F-14, F/A-18 or AV-8 come out with a working carrier catapult for DCS, I’m probably going to walk away form TacPack and not look back.

Agreed, they’ve done amazing things and achieved a great level of detail with the Superbug but that effort would be so much better spent on a platform that would give you more to do with it, like DCS.