Racing Sim Screenshots and Videos

Sweet!

2 Likes

What’s interesting about Sebring this weekend is that there is both an FIA WEC 1000 miles (or 8 hrs) race on Friday and the IMSA WeatherTech 12 HR on Saturday. I started wondering when I saw the Ferrari and Peugeot hypers cars practicing, who normally don’t race in IMSA WT GTP. It will be interesting to compare lap times.

Schedule

1 Like

Lambo Huracan GT3 Evo2 coming to ACC on April 19

3 Likes

This looks yummy.

2 Likes

The more I drive it, the more impressed I am with Automobilista 2. With the presets, it is so easy to setup a race, and with a custom FFB settings file, the driving physics feel really good. Here is an interesting comparison of the RF2 version of the Dallara IR18 (with help from Dallara) to that of this outstanding free mod. I just wish that AMS2 modding were easier, especially tracks.

Trying out the IndyCar 2023 mod at Road America last night and getting a little too aggressive in the braking zone at turn 5. The AI is very well behaved, IMHO. It’s the ham-fisted human causing the carnage.

3 Likes

Caused a big crash in the second race at Silverstone, will share the video anyway :wink: Have to learn from those mistakes. A simple correction on wheel input or a lift and the situation would have been not that fatal. Oh well, when positions become more important than safety …

Started from last position in Monaco, did not complete my qualification lap and would have been set back 5 places anyway due to causing the crash in Silverstone. Watched my teammate Volkers car excessively in both Monaco races …

First race Silverstone

Second race Silverstone

First race Monaco

Second race Monaco

5 Likes

I only had time to watch the first race at Silverstone. Nice consistent pace. Was that the leader who tried catching you at the end? He/she was fast.

No, it was another driver fighting for position… I beat him by 8 thousands over the finish line. Got lucky there!

1 Like

Some shots from ACC at the Glen.

Been practicing some laps there.

And some Forza 7 Shots

5 Likes

Our PCA Sim Racing Channel.

For example, one of our Series races.

5 Likes

Hey Doug, good to see you around mate. Is that series sanctioned by the PCA? Seems like a natural fit.

2 Likes

All our racing is PCA. Full-time busy for me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Last bit of racing for awhile I think, Wheel is put away and the HOTAS is hooked up.

5 Likes

Looks nice - as with flight sims, I often wonder if I’d be better off using pancake instead of VR as they look so good these days.

Mind you, I have a folder full of timing sheets for all the tracks I had in rFactor, GTR2 and RACE 07 back when they were ‘in’ and I was racing online and when I do the same circuits now in VR I completely obliterate my fastest laps from then - despite the fact that I’m nowhere near as sharp as I was.

I do have those sims still set up - I have this desk set up against wall of my ‘office’ and another setup directly behind me against the opposite wall with a WinXP rig and all my older racing sims are installed on it.
I have my G29 on a small PC desk next to that and a widescreen TV on it in front of the wheel, with wireless keyboard and extra mouse & keypad on the desk shelf. That way I can use it for both PCs and either ‘pancake’ with the old ones (or in my headset using Virtual Desktop which is a great way to do it) or with wireless VR and the newer sims on this PC. All I need to do is connect the USB hub to whichever PC I want to use - it works very well and best of both worlds (modern & retro).

PS - nice to see you @guod - been a long time since SimHQ racing days! I still have a copy of that video of us doing the Nordschleife “24hrs” with the BMW M3s. I miss those days! It was such relaxed fun, unlike most of the online racing.

1 Like

British GT started yesterday - Autosport reckon it’s going to be a good championship this year.

This is quali:

If you don’t have time to watch it, there are highlights after the sessions, plus here’s a described lap for the GTs:

2 Likes

Pretty much all of the current sims look great in VR, Johnny. You can go back and capture screens and video from replays. The last two weeks I’ve been bringing rFactor 2 up to date. It’s come a long way since release.

Completely optional, but I’m running everything on OpenXR via OpenComposite, that won’t run natively on Oculus. I have SteamVR replaced with the global OpenComposite tool.

1 Like

Thanks, Dan - it’s not that VR is bad - just that pancake/4k just looks so good these days (I’m still on an ‘old’ HD monitor as I didn’t see a need to upgrade due to VR being my display of choice).

1 Like

Was up early this morning to get in my iRacing NASCAR truck fix at Martinsville. 3 races, 60 laps each. Was pleased to finished in the top 3 in 2 out of 3 races. At the end of the 2nd race, I was running 4th or so and got punted hard, taking me out of podium potential. But hey it’s Martinsville short track racing- lots of bruised egos… and trucks. :grimacing:

How race 3 began…

How race 3 ended, but still managed to hold on to 2nd, despite a banged up truck due to other drivers’ misfortunes.

6 Likes

Two more videos on races with GermanSimRacing.de in Budapest with the Cup Porsche 992. Not much happened in either race at the back of the pack, where I rode.

3 Likes