Racing Sim Screenshots and Videos

hey @moderators could you pls do some proper merging of these 2022 / 2023 threads? so we dont loose some '23 posts in the older '22 thread, thx

1 Like

I believe that this link is the first post in 2023 in the old thread. Thanks.

1 Like

Is that VR compatible?

tbh I never did much in AC as I didn’t like it that much - more the UI iirc, than anything else - though I distinctly remember doing a test drive and thinking the early access rFactor2 was more worth my time. I remember some awesome races we had at SimHQ with rF2 just after early release, with changing conditions and the outstanding FFB it offered at the time. One particular race we had at Road Atlanta (I think…) was one of the best online races I’ve ever had, no-one had a clue who was going to win as the positions switched around so much with pit stops and tyre strategy, trying to second-guess the weather. Awesome!

Anyway, I also want to thank you for the YouTube link - I have sought out a number of them from the same uploader, with some great mod download links included - though some of them do look like 90’s graphics, I was never too bothered. For me gameplay wins out over graphics every day of the week. I do have AC and ACC installed, just need to make a profile for my G29 and it’s go go go! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. I drive in VR only, but save the replay to capture video and screens with the Replay feature in AC.

The UI is pretty bad, but fortunately there is a far superior way to interface with AC, Content Manager. There are many YT videos explaining how to install and use CM.

rF2 still has probably the best FFB, although it often takes tuning per car to get it right. The gap is closing though and these days you can get pretty good FFB from both Assetto Corsa and its cousin, AC Competizione. My main complaint with rF2 is how bad the tracks look, especially in VR. It’s UI has been updated recently, but the rest of the sim is getting pretty long in the tooth. However, it has a pretty good Indy Car experience. Automobilista 2 has come a long way in the FFB dept too. Good experiences there, especially in the 70’s - 90’s era F1 and Indy cars.

That used to be my home track, so a big fan of driving it in sims. Heading back this year to watch the IMSA WeatherTech Petit Le Mans. The rF2 and AC tracks for RA are really good.

1 Like

+1 for that. I have only had it for 24hrs and I aint never going back to the in game UI. Makes installing mods heaps easier as well - just drag and drop.

2 Likes

after I bought almost all the DLCs on sale I went back to default game. all I do nowadays is to run the game, do few laps with the ingame content and move on.

Ran a quick race at Daytona, Had weather set to random,

3 Likes

Cool. I haven’t really played around with weather much, other than rain. I do have Sol installed. I wish that the taillights were visible further than about 50 meters. I noticed in the real race that you could see them a long way on the banking.

1 Like

You know that I couldn’t let that one go unanswered :rofl: and went back to see what I could get out of the car in a qually setup with a clear track. I think that the aliens are good for at least a couple more seconds, but this was the best that I could get today.

I picked up both the RSS Protech P91 (Porsche 919) and the Sim Dream Porsche 963. The P91 is sick quick, not so much because of the power, but because it is so light and stops so damn well. It’s like an F1 car in that you can brake at the 75 m mark or less. The 963 has tons of grip, feels quick, but sadly there is nothing in the engine compartment. They were disappointing at Daytona, but not because of a lack of pace. Lots of reliability problems, which I’m sure that Porsche will resolve before Sebring. Then we might have a three or four horse race.

Edit: Just became aware of another Daytona International by the Reboot Team. This is newer than Daytona 2017 1.0 at Race Department.

1 Like

Some screenshots from the Daytona track that I linked above. I’m not as quick, but think that it is far superior to 2017 version that I used earlier. The track surface, edge lines, and curbs look much better and closer to what I’ve seen on TV. It’s really worth downloading. BMW LMDh in natural carbon. Can’t believe that this is a free mod.

5 Likes

Ran a few laps at the “old” Daytona whilst waiting for the “new” Daytona to download.

Ran a few laps at the “new” Daytona, about 3 seconds slower, but the visual cues are different and the track feels narrow. Great track though!

5 Likes

Hey @chipwich and @weaponz248

Of the two Daytona tracks what one do you prefer for ‘racing’?

Sounds like the new one is more accurate but from what weaponz248 says it looks a bit narrow… I have a similar ‘issue’ with a Bathurst track - external views, replays, etc it looks good but when I am in the car, the track seems much narrower… almost like less than two car widths wide, which kind of kills the immersion.

I much prefer the second one. It just has a much higher attention to detail. Yeah, the chicane requires a bit more precision to get through. And my times are 3 seconds slower as well. But overall, I’m liking the driving experience better.

I did a little bit of searching and found the motherload of Reboot Team tracks, including the latest version of Daytona. Sebring is the next race on the IMSA schedule, and there’s an RT version here too.

https://tm-modding.eu/reboot-team-tracks/

2 Likes

I can’t even remember what Daytona drives like - it’s so long since I drove there. I have just downloaded a number of tracks and mods, though, thanks to that YT link, and am about to jump in, more to check my G29 assignments after a clean reinstall of windows et al than anything else, but I’ll make sure I go and have a look. I’ve been using Donington for previous tests etc.
Just wish I could give it as much time as I used to. Maybe some time I will do - having just told myself that about DCS and Gunship DEX, not to mention learning to play my new keyboard and getting lots more biking in!
If only I knew I could do all this after I die! :laughing:

1 Like

I only got a handful of laps innlate last night. I do prefer the RT Daytona, so far though.

Like any new track it will take time to get use to.

Turns 1 through 4 seem tighter. Bus stop exit seemed different as well.

I did my laps at night so some day laps will probably help.

My biggest take away was the visual cues changed. Turn 1 i had been using the cones on the inside for reference, but they are gone now.

More laps need to be run.

1 Like

Bad news for me, I’m afraid. I had zero issues with ACC, but when I got to AC it was a nightmare. Tried to load my preset for the game, which of course didn’t work. So after resetting all the controls and options I tried to do a quick test drive, but nope - just couldn’t get away from the pits.

Nothing I tried would work, and I tried pressing everything logical and then eventually, in frustration, I pressed every single button/key etc to try and get my car away but nothing doing.

So sod it.

Hey Johnny, do you see your controls moving normally in USB game controllers in Windows and also in Content Manager > Settings > Assetto Corsa > Controls, but not in the car?

Everything looks okay in the controller panel and in the options, but in the car, although all seems to be responding to my inputs (steering wheel moves, gear go up or down and the revs increase) the car just doesn’t move.

I Googled it and found a number of people with this issue, but their solutions did nothing for me or weren’t applicable.

I’m kind-of remembering that there was something funky with the G29 and Assetto Corsa. Are you using the Steam version? You’ve probably seen this thread.

1 Like

I can try that, though I see some differences to his issue (my wheel is recognised in AC, for example). I’ll have a go tomorrow - having some problems tonight.

Thanks for looking.

1 Like