Rant Time!

M.2 is the future.

Until M.3 shows up at the party.

Computers. You gotta love em.

I was on the rad down in North Carolina a few years ago. I blew my rear tire with a piece of metal that I pick up off the road. Took my new GSXR 1300 to an unknown dealer and bought a tire. I jumped on the bike and let the cluch out
 CLUNK
 “This is not right” I looked down and saw my chain hanging there like a cable on the George Washington bride
 “Hey, CAN YOU TIGHTEN THE CHAIN!” I then let them know how I could have been killed. I did not care how embarrassed they all looked. Qatar is worse. They hire from the poorest countries guys who can barely turn a screwdriver. One of the reasons I drive Suzuki, their mechanic (a very cool Filipino) rocks! As its been said here, If you find a good mechanic, keep him in good standings. This includes and is not limited to good tips and an occasional bottle of his favorite beverage.

ARGH, trying to find a 36mm threaded connector for the HOTAS Cougar extension mod
 Well I have no creditcard so Amazon is out of the question. Gardena doesn’t sell the connector in Europe and the 36mm thread doesn’t appear to fit any standardised pipe fittings. Ebay has it too but a tad bit expensive on there
 COME ON.

Some people in our road put up their Christmas decorations all over the exterior of their house at the end of October and they looked absolutely crap then.

It’s the 24th of January and the things are still up and surprise surprise? They still look crap now. Particularly the very original Santa pretending to climb through the window who is now hanging by one boot and regularly has a couple of pigeons sat on him pecking at his groin.

8 Likes

This guy is two blocks from us. Apparently, he and his neighbor across the street (since moved) had words, then there was a law suit, and this was the result of that law suit.

2 Likes

That’s fantastic. I hope he bought all of that with money he won in the lawsuit

Holy. Crap.

I had to dig a while to find an email that I sent entitled, What to do when you don’t like your neighbors. From my friend Stan who is more familiar with the incident.

Dan, Merry Christmas. I know the story on this and it is hilarious, it will take two beers to tell the whole thing since it involves next door neighbors feuding, suing each other, spending lots of money on lawyers and then a court order on when holiday lights can be displayed. A true American story for Christmas time. Yours, Stan A.

1 Like

This looks like my Steam library

1 Like

Americans. We need a huge country so that we don’t have to be too close to each other

Anticipated arrival back in town: 22 Jan at 9:15 PM
Actual arrival back in town: 23 Jan at 3:00 PM

Thanks Delta. Phone lines and automatic app re-booking are totally great stand-ins for physical personnel. Totally won’t result in hundreds of people waiting 6 hours in a line while your phone lines have 2+ hour hold times and your app continuously declares it can’t find any flights to rebook on. (The people that were actually there did what they could, to be fair)

And I’m flying with them again this weekend. :fearful:

Well, how can it be any worse than your first experience?

No, seriously. Let’s start a pool.

1 Like

Hey at least you get your money back! Or at least a good part of it. That’s what I like about the big delay regulations.

I filed a complaint, we’ll see what happens.

The biggest deal to me wasn’t the delay- weather’s going to happen, flights get canceled, it was the response. If they had just been open and said, “Look folks, we’re saturated, this is going to be a long ordeal, try to find a hotel and hang out while we sort this out and rebook you, we’ll reimburse you later if you don’t have trip delay insurance.” I would have been annoyed but would have understood. They were extremely vague through the entire process resulting in a whole lot of unnecessary discomfort.

Bonus points if all those were bought as a result of winning that lawsuit

2 Likes

Stupid me. Plopped into my desktop chair
it swiveled and knocked into the front of my CPU and busted off a USB stick I had in one of the front ports. Actually, more correctly, the USB stick busted off the internal tab of the USB port
which I was able to extract from the USB stick (thus, my data is safe)
but now I’m a man down on the front of my CPU. Stupid me.

Have you tried jamming it back in? Maybe applying some gorilla glue?

That sounds low tech. Wonder if it would work

I used Gorilla Tape (white, for the microwave) the other day and that stuff activates with air. Beach, you may want to stick with duck :dove: tape (need a duck) or else that Gorilla Glue could take off the whole front end next time.