Really bad news.

:beer:

Very sad news. Hearts go out to the family and close friends. All the best.

Quod fuimus, estis; quod sumus, vos eritis :tumbler_glass:

Very sad to hear this.

RIP, may he soar in the skies endlessly …

3 Likes

Damn. We can be grateful that he is not hurting any longer.

A link to Murphy’s obituary was posted at SimHQ. He had actually passed away on October 13th.

Wheels

This is so sad. I can’t even say anything. I’m bummed.

I’m the young age of 61 and have had two good friends pass from cancer, one of them was completely avoidable, prostate cancer. Both of these guys were very fit, smart, and seemingly took care of themselves. But one hadn’t had a checkup in years and ignored some discomfort in his groin.

Now, I’ve got someone very close to me with stage 4 colon cancer. He is 55 and never had had a colonoscopy. That’s the difference. Had he had that nice little nap at 50, which is about what the procedure is, his condition would have been detected and curable. Now he’s going through some really horrible chemo with only a 12% chance of survival.

So, my point is, guys take care of yourselves. Get annual checkups and get scoped at age 50 at a minimum. 48 is better. Fortunately, my nagging wife and mother pushed me to make timely phone calls. High BP is the other silent killer. Treatable if you go to the doc.

Don’t make the excuse of being too busy to take care of your “invinceable” self.

2 Likes

Oh yeh, can’t wait to get a finger up me bum.

1 Like

Beats having a carcinoma go undiagnosed.

Condolences to Murph’s family.

Exactly!
And that’s why we have doctors.
My dad died from cancer. He had a very unhealthy respect for doctors. He didn’t want to bother them with petty stuff…

Guess what? I bother my doc with the petty stuff.

It’s not that bad, I had one already at age 29 a decade ago (as a precaution for something else). Better get checked than be sorry later. Take care of yourselves gents.

Oh hell, I totally agree… I just think that at an age where we have machines that can magnetically visualise slice of your brain while it still reside safely in your skull, maybe we could have a better way to check the prosate gland…

I’m hoping to find a woman doctor to check my prostate.
Don’t think bad of me, it’s just a matter of slimmer, slender fingers.

2 Likes

I was talking about colonoscopy, but yeah female fingers may feel less degrading :grimacing:

Sorry about that… You’re right.

MRIs are expensive. Makes more sense to use that limited capacity for parts of the body that can’t be palpated. Btw. an MRI isn’t all that comfortable either. It’s loud as heck and you have to stay uncomfortably still for a long time. Palpation is over in a few minutes and it’s really not that bad. If it’s really that much to you, you can check if you find a urologist that has an ultrasound.

2 Likes

Thanks mate.
I maybe am making too much of a fuss but that’s my way of dealing with the sadness of this all. I cope by crappy jokes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah. cancer sucks. Personally recovering from one.

2 Likes