Rise of Flight

I also have a small problem with this, I seem to have managed to get two accounts, an original one from 777 and a steam one, the steam one has more stuff on it, but I cant seem to log in to it, (cant remember the email and password,

Wish I could help but I bought from Amazon years ago, so everything I’ve got is on the 777 account.

I recently checked my DCS account and I’ve dropped AUD 520 even with limited purchases, RoF was around 300. On the other hand I’ve been flying both DCS and RoF for almost a decade…

1 Like

Scary when you add it all up. I once worked out how much I’d spent on my Steam account and needed a lie down lol

1 Like

https://steamdb.info/calculator/

This will do it for you… along with other stats like playing time. You’ve got to like the text on the go button.

Highlights from my Steam account:

1302 hours on record (54 days :astonished:) in 14 years.

37 games never played… granted a few of those came in the Valve bundle when I bought Half Life 2

3 Likes

I’ve just done mine again and it’s still depressing lol

Account Value £1992 — £4594
518 out of 666 games played
Hours on record 3375… 140 days :frowning:
in 14.9 years

1 Like

Of course that calculator has a major flaw in that it only knows what the current prices are.

Half Life 2 isn’t $50 today like it was in 2004!

You only have 3400 hours in 15 years? I know people with more time than that in Total War games alone in the last 5! Of course I game ~20 hours week on average, some vacation weeks I do more. But I know people who spend 45 hrs a week at work but more than that gaming. Of course, that is almost all they do. Reading, TV, films, going places, doing other things…not really. I do a bit of everything so the majority of my gaming is on weeknights after the kids go to bed.

Although the amount of TV I’ve been watching has been shrinking over the years. I remember maybe 10 years ago having shows on 5-6 nights a week, and sometimes 2 or even 3 hours on some of those nights.
Now it’s like 2 hours per week not counting streaming, but streaming usually adds up to 3 hours at most. When a show has a season that’s like 7 hours long, you get through it fast and then go a couple of weeks before you find the next thing which only takes 2 weeks to get through tops.

1 Like

That’s made me feel better, thanks :slight_smile:

just managed to sort out the rise of flight accounts, I do indeed have two separate accounts under 2 different emails … so now going with the one with more in it …

2 Likes

I have the non Steam version installed now and tried some last night and it’s harder than I remember with the top wing in the way but managed a couple of AI kills (I remember how brutal it is with human opponents though) and thought I was doing well then realised the realism setting was on ‘normal’…

1 Like

Hopefully this makes you feel better about your life choices. . .

Woman: Do you drink beer?

Man: Yes

Woman: How many beers a day?

Man: Usually about 3

Woman: How much do you pay per beer?

Man: $5.00, including tip

Woman: And how long have you been drinking?

Man: About 20 years, I suppose.

Woman: So a beer costs $5 and you have 3 beers a day, which puts your spending each month at $450, or $5400 annually. Not accounting for inflation, you have spent $108,000 in the last 20 years! That money could 've been put into an investment account and, after accounting for compound interest for the past 20 years, you would now have enough money to buy a Ferrari.

Man: Do you drink beer?

Woman: No

Man: Then where’s your Ferrari?

6 Likes

Top wing? Which plane are you flying? The visibility varies greatly from kite to kite.
Personally I always found the Dolphin one of the most difficult to deal with because the wing is at eye level.

Yeah, the one that cuts directly above you. Think I was in a Nieuport and another allied I can’t remember. Not bad just strange getting used to it again.

Anyone of The Professionals online in a couple of hours?
@tempusmurphy?
@Mace?

sorry didnt see the message, but on at the moment

1 Like

No worries. :smiley:
Next time…

Sorry, I wasn’t on last night. Tends to be Fridays but I’m sure we can sort another date out.

1 Like

Hehehe yeah. It’s cool. :wink: