Schurem's Fight Club (01/04/2022)

maybe I can make it tonight

1 Like

After a very busy couple of days at work I am afraid exhaustion has got the better of me. I will fire up BOS to see the new map but that is the limit of my capabilities today. Have fun and I hope to make the next one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That briefing pack is awesome @Freak. I love it.

I dont feel worthy of this but I’m super excited anyway. Looking forward to some proper War fighting tonight

I am running really late due to traffic be on asap

3 Likes

I was trying to use the Discord overlay, but gather that it must not work in VR?

1 Like

Well last night I was talking to myself trying to get a mic check from people for the first five minutes I was in the server… until I realised that my leg had brushed the mic mute button on the in-line volume control for my headphones …:flushed:

6 Likes

Alright, this saturday it’s regular ol’ Fight club again. We’ll play around in Nevada (DCS) a bit. I have looked into serving up an Il-2 dogfight, but they have you jumping through some pretty dang gnarly hoops to be able to run their dedicated server. Not promising I can get that sorted by then. But camels and spads and fokkers should be on the menu soon, because that seems like a riot to me.

4 Likes

I’ll probably be leaving the country again by then, this time with my scientist in chief, but we have no plans yet and it depends on the weather. Don’t count on me but depending on how the plans take form I might still join

3 Likes

Ill be there this time

1 Like

I tried some fabric, wood, and bailing wire kites tonight. I guess these guys don’t wear parachutes. Puts the Circus in Flying Circus :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Allright, I put the DCS ‘Day at the Range’ up. Will be there in a bit myself.

3 Likes

Be on in 30 mins

That was fun, cleaned most of the range. @Freak is amazingly accurate bombing by the numbers with the Mirage F1. Fighting a MiG-21 flown by yours truly… eh :wink:

Then the British boys found out VIFFing is not a panacea when fighting harriers vs aforementioned balalaika.

Overall, I had a good night :metal: :rofl: Thanks you guys for flying with me, and let’s do it again somehow next week.

4 Likes

another great evening

2 Likes

Ok, the harrier dogfight surprised me a lot. I knew “I” would lose, but i was shocked at how much energy it loses the instant you turn with it. Crazy losses. I’m reeling a little from it.

We need to add a viggen to that map @schurem

Great night though. Love catching up with you guys. So thanks for making it happen and making the time

3 Likes

Wilco.

1 Like

Just had a quick thought for the next time we fly

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

we now have everything we need… including door gunners

5 Likes

Yes, good idea. It’s every bit as hilarious as it looks. I remember some epic helicopter dogfights over Dubai :smiley:

3 Likes

I. Want. To. Do. This.

1 Like

I thought we have a FC scheduled, and I put the thing up, but I’m not well (headache, snot, muscle ache) so I’m not flying myself tonight.

2 Likes

Ah … i thought it was for 7pm … oh well … there is always next time hope you feel better @schurem