Schurem's Fight Club (02/02/2024)

Still downloading :rofl::rofl: it’s about 90 percent when I went out.

1 Like

It was amazing! Especially the carrier patterns with you as instructor in the back and Paddles talking me down was so immersive! The supercarrier situation has been sorted already!
Can’t wait to do it again!

2 Likes

I Downloaded a great guide on LSO ops this morning. I should actually know what I’m doing next time other than what I have seen on TV :rofl:

2 Likes

And the next few episodes are awesome for this too. Get yourself immersed Paddles, because we’re going for CVQ’s next week!

2 Likes

Wilco.

By the way, sitting on that LSO station (my) while the carrier did a max performance turn while listing like hell to starboard was one of those DCS moments that you don’t know happen until you experience it and it was just incredible.

I bloody LOVE this sim.

4 Likes

Responding here as it seems more on topic

It wasn’t even that annoying: I was the only one in the server who wasn’t convinced my approaches were good enough! :stuck_out_tongue:
Just thought I needed to be a bit more precise, and ended up learning the approach quite well. Just flew the instant action mission with the CVN-72 Supercarrier and got two 1-wires and one 2-wire before my first bolter. Then another 1-wire and a 2-wire and finished the session with a 3-wire. :sunglasses: :motorcycle:

Love the animated deck crew running to my nose gear on catapult launches, it feels so real! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

It’s awesome isn’t it! I love how easy it is to get on the shuttle now with the dude guiding youn along with the tiny bit of power needed to get over it and connected.
A great bit of fun

5 Likes

we briefly talked about this on the last fight night, now on Schurems server (which gives me a ping of mid 30s) I get a solid 35-36 fps with all of us zooming around doing silly things, yet whenever i try either of the hollowpoints (both with pings of 130-140) i get FPS in the low 20s even down to the 12-15 area with lots of micro stutters… is this due to my terrible internet. (1.4Mbs)

I don’t think there’s anything in @schurem s missions that’s very intensive in terms of AI or object count. As soon as you add AI with waypoints, AI fighters etc. You need to be careful how much you put in to allow players with lower end systems to play on the server

4 Likes

On the Rotorheads Discord #Announcements thread, Crifort explains how people should behave on the server to best keep things smooth. I figure they’ve been running it long enough to separate placebo from real. AI activity on different parts of the map seems to slow things down. Airborne player-flown fighters also creates a little server drag, primarily because they tend to go deep behind lines to shut down the SA threat. Again, forcing AI activity on disparate parts of the map. Finally, player-manipulated ground units slows things down. I know this to be true because I have been the culprit.
I haven’t done the game-master thing since. Anyway, that’s rotorheads. We’ve all played servers where activity is separated by hundreds of miles, so there must be more to it than just AI activity at distance.

3 Likes

Ladies and gentlebeings, it is time for us to get together and drive our DCS modules in all kinds of silly ways! 2021-12-17T19:00:00Z Make sure you got your bindings sorted for your tailhook, because we’re going to need those!

Flying Ford GIF by U.S. Navy

4 Likes

I know you aren’t my personal secretary buddy but send me a text and remind me (if you remember) to install the server side stuff on my spare rig to see if we can improve performance

2 Likes

Who’s in tomorrow?

I need to dust my sabre off and let you all shoot holes in it.

does it have hook? :wink:

I might show up also… no hooks!

The thing is up, I’m putting a kid down then I’ll join as well. For now, discord for comms.

Unfortunately can’t make it tonight, I’m on the Storm of War Server.

1 Like

I’m in, can’t remember the IP to join though. No rush I’m putting my clan to bed as well

If you lads are flying Sat or Sun, pls let us know what time. -Cheers

You know what, I just might. Had a great time hanging out with my mates. Some seriously unserious flying was done, and the use of special weapons explored. I have no screenies, but that’s ok, we’ll take them next time :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Cracking evening, Thank you to @schurem for hosting, and thank you to @Victork2 for not shooting me down :smiley: even when i tried a sneeky shot or two

A horrific Blue on Blue from the carrier shooting down Vic in his sabre

and the new submersible Mig 21 demonstrated by Schurem

3 Likes