Schurem's Phight Club (2024-22-06)

If there isn’t, I’ll make one for ye :smiley:

Looks like the phantoms are going to be outnumbered. Perhaps I shall grant them some missiles then…

3 Likes

1 Like

(actually next weekend, but hey)

5 Likes

Wishing you guys a great evening on the 25th!

I would love to join you in the mid 70s dans mon Mirage neuf, and help my frères allemands et américains dans leur Phantomes contre les MiGs sovietiques.

But I am already double booked on that same evening. :saluting_face:

2 Likes

johnny depp crying GIF

3 Likes

Sorry Freak, next time. I hope to learn the beautiful Mirage one day.

3 Likes

Focus on your true love and enjoy that Phantom! You won’t see me flying Mirages a lot after the Intruder has dropped either, beautiful or not!
:a6:

You guys can shoot me down some other time, and in the meantime I’ll entertain my brother and his friend who recently became a virtual Apache crew. Looking forward to the Chinook release… don’t feel too bad for me!

4 Likes

OMG yes, Intruder…

2 Likes

did some free flying over Nevada. seems like she got some updates in the mean time.

nice weather in this instant mission btw

7 Likes

The pending Phantom release has given me two gifts to treasure even if I’d never bought it: An incredible teaser video and a desire to finally learn the MiG-21. I am off on the 25th but I can’t commit yet.

5 Likes

@schurem I’ll be on the mudspike discord any moment now

I’m online. I have about an hour, 1.5h tops but it shouldn’t take longer than 30min

1 Like

Oh ■■■■ yes, kicking the wife out of the office right now! Duck me, I totes forgor :frowning:

I can come back on for a few minutes. Jsut testing some stuff rn

On Discord, starting up DCS

1 Like

Dammit. I extracted the .lua’s from the demo. Built a very similar thing, just to see how and such. It loads moose. The F-10 menu never shows up. Nothing conclusive in logs. WTF?

So don’t get your hopes up on fancy respawning targets just yet gents. I may be good at cutting trees up, but I suck at this codemonkey stuff. (hah, and here I was thinking I could just expand on the demo thing with a randomized spawn thing, never got around to even attempting that this session.)

1 Like

To be fair, unrealistically optimistic expectations are an integral part of the essential programmer toolkit. Many tech entrepreneurs thought it would be way easier to build their product, and would never have started if they knew how much work it was going to be. And we always think we are almost done, which keeps us coding. Now Google/chatgpt frantically, read every documentation page and stackoverflow you find and don’t give up until it works and you can call yourself a medior code monkey, Freak® approved.

P.S. My mildly educated guess (only used CTLD eons ago, when the Hip was hip) is that there is some Magic™ to the unit or group names that can call up the F10 menu, and/or they are configured in the Lua, or you need to set another trigger.

3 Likes

haha thanks, I needed that :wink:

1 Like

Send me the .lua files @schurem

They are literal copies of the ones you used.

Have you tried copying the group names from the .lua to the units you want to spawn?