Skin of the Month (conformal) February 2020 - Yak-528

Given the beautiful thread started by @Bearhedge I thought of complicate my life even more and try to make something special for this community.

ONLY for those* that will undertake this month’s training regime in the Yak-52 I’ll make a special Mudspike Themed Training skin. :slight_smile:

I’ll make a generic skin, with the automatic BORT numbering (if available) and no specific names.
This way I should manage to make the skin despite all the Real-Life™ bothers and nags.

I’ll put here some previews of what I have in mind but everyones ideas and inputs are absolutely welcome.

Ideas for the skin-Feel free to comment!

I was thinking to make the skin almost completely orange like the jumpsuits of these dummies.

with some of these symbols

And some of these

And maybe add to the helmet to look like this head?

Obviously I’ll also add the Mudspike Crazy Bomb where I find some space. :smiley:

*I’m just kidding it’ll be free for everyone to download…

TEMPORARY LIST OF NAMES TO ADD TO THE SKIN:

EDIT: please feel free to @ me to let me know if you prefer not to be on the skin or if i forgot your name.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xjge5VR7awttc2QGSlDBqiKcTK3DybBj

6 Likes

Dadgumit! Now I’m ‘forced’ to pick up this airframe! Because of y’all my wife is gonna kill me! lol :joy: JK I’ve been looking for an excuse- now I can say ‘but hunny, all the fellas are doing it!” Haha

2 Likes

With all the trainees names on it… graffiti style!!

1 Like

Hehehe can do that! :smiley:
Please make sure everyone to report your names for the addition to the skin, if so you wish.

2 Likes

Woah awesome!! :grin: Yes please!

1 Like

Heck yea!

Even better! if you guys want to scan your signature, I’ll add it on the rudder of the livery!

MIND YOU : I don’t need your real signature- make one up for your Mudspike Handle!
I don’t want anyone to think I’m up to no good with digital signature and all that jazz. :smiley:

2 Likes

I added some initial ideas in the first post on how I’d like to make the skin…
Feel free to Booo or Awwww the idea and add your considerations. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love your crash dummy idea! Make it so!

2 Likes

This is not a suggestion…just a reminder that CRAZY yak paintings exist…go nuts @komemiute

KHAN!!!

4 Likes

And Dooooooooooooooown the rabbit hole he went :smiley:

2 Likes

Yep…god I love the russian flair lol

1 Like

While I do appreciate the quality of that skin… Yeah, for my mental sanity’s sake I’m not even going to look too much at that. :rofl:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind being in there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK, I’m in. :smiley:

1 Like

Please everyone… Make up a fake signature with your Mudspike handle so I can add it to the rudder.

1 Like

Sorry work got away from me this week buddy. I’ll do it asap :+1:

1 Like

Will do!

1 Like

When you are wheelsup and the sky is cavu everything is right with the world.

Wheels

2 Likes

Hope this works - I’m on mobile this weekend

3 Likes