SkyNet rises!

at last, we have weaponized Air Hogs.

3 Likes

Whats better than launching 8 AMRAAMS?

Launching 8 drones that can each launch 8 AMRAAMS of course!

3 Likes

The video is worth a watch, mainly for the map display where the ‘swarm’ gets new coordinates to go ‘hug’. Plus this quote has ‘what could go wrong?’ written all over it:

During these latest Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division tests the D.o.D. released few specifics of the Perdex drone’s capability except, “This swarm demonstrated advanced behaviors like collective decision‐making, adaptive formation flying, and self‐healing.”

2 Likes

I’m more curious what the effective payload is for one of these? Is it ELINT? CRBN? ECM? Photographical? That’s a small package to begin with, and these things are clearly disposable. What sort of sensor are you putting on it that is both senstive enogh to be of use, while at the same time not compromising as it’s being air dropped en-masse over the enemies position?

Yeah, dunno. How much C4 can you fit on an Airhog anyway? :boom:

My best guess would be something that captures and re-transmits an RF flood signal, as in these could be within the EA-18G Growler remit one day. I’m not sure what it/they could send back, so a large area denial seems something in the realms of possibility.

2 Likes

2 Likes

It might be good for SAR (even civil stuff)

1 Like