Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

For those of you who haven’t seen it, there’s a teaser for the sequel to Fallen Order:

I really did like the first part, if they pull no EA nonsense, this could be good.

5 Likes

EA just really blows, but I am looking forward to trying it….just hoping it goes on Gamespass like the first one did.

4 Likes

I really, really tried to enjoy the first game, but I just couldn’t. Too much twitch - based combat, too many platforms, too much time spent going to the same places over and over again- to me it felt like another game shoehorned into Star Wars, and even in Story Mode, I just got too frustrated and never finished it.

Having said that, that’s a really cool looking trailer! And I really, really hope that Joruus C’Baoth in the tank there.

2 Likes

The first one is one of the games I enjoyed most in the last few years. Stoked.

2 Likes

That was the biggest issue I had with Fallen Order. I hope they get completely rid of that.

1 Like

I really really wanted to like it, I really tried to enjoy it. But i just suck at combat and the whole fight parry block stuff.
Very much enjoyed the first couple of hours but just got bored after

2 Likes

Looks good! If those were in-game graphics then they’ve definitely given them a buff. A good teaser trailer there.

I liked Fallen Order and completed it several times. I am looking forward to seeing where they take it next.

1 Like

I think they overdid it a bit, but I did enjoy revisiting the places I’d already been to, the whole “Castlevania” / “Metroid” thing. Like the newer Tomb Raider games.

2 Likes

I just read it’s set to come out March 17. We will watch it’s release with great interest. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My sentiments exactly. I liked it but it was a real struggle to finish it.

Normally I’m a ‘completionist’, explore every nook and cranny type. If they say a game has a play time of 20 hours, I know I am getting 30-40 out of it. But I wasn’t even half way through before all I wanted to do was get each level over and done with.

I am a Star Wars fan though and know that I will get this, eventually… When it is on special for at least 50% off.

1 Like

Part of me wonders why they didn’t choose May 4th :grin:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Apparently the launch was pushed back to April 28th.

Source: https://twitter.com/EAStarWars/status/1620527593580806145

1 Like

Better that than a buggy mess.

I still have to finish the last one. Agree that there was a bit too much platforming for my tastes.

1 Like

Some actual gameplay footage:

3 Likes

I also read in a kotaku.com article that they want to reduce the backtracking in this one. I didn’t mind it as much as others, but it is an improvement.

3 Likes

Thank the deity of your choice for that… If they can’t make it a ‘sandbox’ I would actually rather have totally linear levels than all that interminable backtracking. It just made the game twice as long as it needed to be by having to revisit each area a second time.

1 Like

Really enjoyed the first one. One of the few games I start that I actually finished. End game is cool, and I like what it unlocks for you after you complete the story. The sandbox area where you can place characters and then slash away is satisfying. :cowboy_hat_face: But, it took me a while to get used to the platforming, I’m too old for too much jumping and timing. LOL :joy:

3 Likes

:grinning:

Tomorrow

3 Likes