Top Gun 2 confirmed? (Again?)

Cruise plays a flight instructor because someone has to train how to fly inverted canopy-to-canopy. ;D

1 Like

Word is they were shooting on the flight line at North Island today.

1 Like

One dollar says that there’ll be a scene where a young pilot would do something Pete “Maverick” Mitchell did in the first movie (like the inverted cupola-to-cupola flying) and claim he’s the hottest stuff.
Maverick would then appear behind the guy and say something alike “I was the first to do that and without any of those fancy FCS, now salute the superior officer and get off his face”

1 Like

Clearly the hotshot pilot didn’t watched first Top Gun :wink:

1 Like

I’m hoping Charlie Sheen makes a cameo…

Just that right now he looks more like this…

Maybe a Bartender?

1 Like

He can serve Maverick that hemlock he needed.

2 Likes

He’ll be one of the old veterans with a permanent seat at either the 94th Aero Squadron or the Coronado Tavern.

Ooh, or this.
There was a country and western club near San Diego State University that was fairly notorious. When I was hanging out there every now and again, there was an old (easily 70+) retired 4-star Admiral who would go every Saturday night, in his full dress whites. And he would be the life of the party.

So I could see that being Admiral (ret) Topper Harley.

2 Likes

Wait, I thought he was already set to play Maverick’s F/A-18: Destroying the Norks in the air, and deploying ordinance to the ground.

Duffel Blog got the inside scoop (NSFW):

1 Like

Dammit Nuke! Your link is too covert!

Figured it’d be a good idea to put it behind a spoiler, because language in the title.

That’s the thing! I still can’t click on it after it comes into focus! :slight_smile:

Right click and open on new tab?

1 Like

Fort Nine did a Top Gun inspired review:

Probably better then the movie will be anyway! :wink:

1 Like