Top Gun 2

I don’t see Tom Cruise being half the pirate Kelsey Grammar was.

3 Likes

So, a Navy version of Iron Eagle 3?

2 Likes

If they do get the guy who directed Tron Legacy to do it, it might be ok. Still, depends on the script to a very large degree. That will determine whether or not the USN will assist. Without them, it will be far worse.

I mean, they DID help on Stealth and we saw how that was, but that script sucked. There is no such thing as sentient AI in a film taking place inside 10 years from now that won’t be stupid.

Or Iron Eagle IV,

2 Ex Pilots Train a Bunch of Delinquents in old planes and they go up against modern fighters… hahaha.

…they made a 4th one?

Yes… in 4… they revelead Dougy didnt Die and has been at a PoW Camp the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xImoa34UfHM

Ugh. They should have stopped halfway through the first.

1 Like

Which was the one where the Brit pilot stood up in the seat of his Spitfire to fire a bazooka at the plane behind him? IE3 or 4?

That was an Oscar-worthy moment right there, especially when LG Jr then used the wingtip of his P-38 to right the plane after the Brit fell over, dangling out of the cockpit and the plane rolled…

1 Like

Sounds exactly like the type of movie i’ll make my GF watch if i ever want her to break up with me.

I think it was IE3.

Iron Eagle = Dougy and Chappy go Rescue Dad
Iron Eagle 2 = Dougy is shot down by Russian Mig (F-4E), presumed KIA, his Wingman goes on to be in a joint operation w/ the Pilot that show down Dougy.
Iron Eagle 3 = Chappy goes up against Drug Dealer using his Airshow planes (P38, Spit, Zero, etc)
Iron Eagle 4 = Dougy is found Alive at a Prison Camp and returned, chappy gives him a job teaching kids in juvy to fly trainers, they go up against a General w/ a Chem warfare plot and F-16s, Dougy Steals and F-16 after listening to another Iron Eagle Tape.

1 Like

Why’d they stop at 4 again? I mean, we have what, 9 Fast /Furious movies now?

1 Like

L.G. Jr didnt want to continue he had a contract to fulfill for 4 of them, after that, he said peace.

Let make the remakes now! Cast Idris Elba in stead of Louid Gosset Jr. and you’re 70% through!

Shia Labouef as Doug Masters?

Oh Gosh… lol…

One word: money.

The F&F films are making billions at the BO. Billions.

The last few IE films have probably netted enough to make a down payment on a house in California. End franchise.

the last 2 didnt cover the direct to dvd production costs.

I’m prepared to have my young teenage years thoroughly crapped on, but I’ll probably still see it.

2 Likes

Geez, they did really badly…

And the latest Fast and Furious is making literal tons of money.

I saw the trailer lately in a cinema. Not even Shiva has enough hands for all the facepalm that needs to happen to get through that movie.

3 Likes