TrueEarth Great Britain - X-Plane 11

I’m aiming for level ‘Mariana Trench’ deepness if at all possible, in that I want to be able to find the SKU on a fuse and then find the factory where they made them. :slight_smile:

I’m basically aiming for something to enjoy the scenery without being at FL340, so essentially just a really good X-Plane aircraft that costs money.

EDIT: Plus VR only, because I like to squint a lot. :vr:

3 Likes

Or, for something a little faster that is at home in British skies, the Just Flight Hawk.

Also available at the x-plane.org store.

1 Like

VSkyLabs entire lineup as far as I know is VR ready or has specifically been upgraded to VR ready. Their Tecnam P2006T is really nice and comes in both analogue and G1000 versions:

3 Likes

I’ve heard good things about the Aerobask Eclipse as well:

3 Likes

The Hawk is great for low level… flying the Mach Loop is a blast in VR. :sunglasses: .

Looking at a map of the UK, I am not sure the loop will be included in this package. I saw someone post screenshots on Facebook of Birmingham, but I would guess if it is there, the loop will be right at the northern boundary.

Like you, I mostly fly tubeliners in X-plane. But I am keeping an eye out for this one.

3 Likes

Ok, I’ve got some gifts coming my way. That Tecnam P2006T looks nice until Carenado’s Citation comes out. I’ll probably get the Hawk as well, although worried that the Welsh mountains will not be in the ‘South England’ scenery and can’t find a map of what it supplies :slight_smile:

Thanks gents!

2 Likes

It would be nice if they published a map showing the areas of coverage for each pack (South, Central and North)…

And…they did:

So, the Mach Loop is indeed covered by the Southern region.

I suspect I’ll be buying them all though :wink: .

2 Likes

Cool - thanks Paul.

Looks like it would have the Mach Loop as well, as (I might be wrong here, from memory) it’s about around this wee arrow:

1 Like

I’m in the market as well… Think I am going to check out the Tecnam P2006T as well as the Eclipse has a little too much glass :slight_smile:

I am interested in the SAAB 340A … Might get that in a month or so.

1 Like

Yes, that’s where it is at! This is going to be great if my rig can handle it in VR.

1 Like

This could lead to purchasing the Tornado too… oh boy! Here we go again!

1 Like

Looks like it takes a while to install and process, plus found this froogle advice on if the installer gets the layers wrong…

Warning from froogle:

OK Panic Over!

Earlier I posted screenshots of Orbx’s new TrueEarth GB South and pointed out how awful it looked (it did).

Turns out that they have an installer problem. If you buy the product and find it looks utter crap, go into your x-plane custom scenery scenery_packs.ini file and make sure that the order for the new stuff is …TrueEarth_Custom then TrueEarth_Overlay then TrueEarth_Orthos.

IF you do that then the new Orbx scenery looks every bit as stunning as it is supposed to be.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/9nw1no/orbx_trueearth_great_britain_south_released_for/e7pnc4r

1 Like

Man, this video shows off the London area. Looks pretty cool.

I was thinking of passing on the UK scenery, as that scenery, in general, doesn’t have a great interest for me. Looking at this video though…hmmm Would be getting it for p3d when it comes out. But dang, is that plane in this video standard in x-plane? Sounds/looks great.

3 Likes

That does look really nice. I am rebuilding my X-Plane stuff and am still keen on this. It seems like it’s a 27 GB download that then expands out in about 2 hours to a 120 GB install size. Eek.

The aircraft is a default one, a Cirrus Vision SF50 - Cirrus Vision SF50 - X-Plane

1 Like

Yeah. The default airplanes in XP11 are really quite good…

Downloading now! Hopefully I will get to try it out sometime tomorrow…

2 Likes

screenshots or it didn’t happen.

Oh, it’s happening… but very, very slowly (thanks to my rural connection)…

2 Likes

4.1 GB down, 22 Gb to go! :crazy_face: