Virpil item restock notice thread

Heads-up: The re-stocking should happen tomorrow at 6am (changed from 6pm) GMT.

1 Like

Too bad the NOK is reeeeally low, compared to the EUR, right nowā€¦

Restocks are here, thanks for the heads up. I ordered the desk mount for the WarBRD. Unfortunately no T-50 grips available :disappointed_relieved:

They were for few minutes once they re-stocked at 5:52 UTC. It is crazy. Hopefully they will re-stock again soon.

I got the throttle. Just for my birthday today! :rofl: :partying_face: :popcorn: :birthday: :champagne:

6 Likes

Heeeey!! Congrats!
I thought about setting the alarm and get up early to order one, but the horrible EUR ratio made me decide against it.
Going to get it one day though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, it does not come cheap.
The listed price of approx 300 eur is without tax. Once you add the tax and shipping costs, it adds quickly to some 370 eur for me :thinking:

And I am still lucky to be earning in eur, though.
But if the quality is as the reviews suggest, I shall not regret the investment! :smiley:

4 Likes

A little summary of todays re-stocking:

• Mongoos grip was gone in about two minutes (it was not scheduled to be re-stocked)
  • Mongoos throttle lasted for about six minutes
  • Mongoos base is still there at the time of writing (cca 25 minutes)

There are also some other less hot items that I have not followed.

1 Like

Iā€™m so happy with my base. Itā€™s the best money I spent in ages. To anybody on the fence I can say but one thing:

1 Like

What base did you get?

Very Nice!! SO 5" Modes" means 5 unique button/axis comboā€™s?..say for 5 different aircraft?

I got the mongoosT50CM2 with a curved extension. It is exquisite.

2 Likes

I am eying the WarBRD base & Alpha grip. I need a tabletop solution with twist axis.

What cams are you using?

I have the cosmosima centered on roll with the heftiest spring screwed real tight but not to the max. On pitch I have the aviasim no center with the big string wound just a little less tight than the other.

I have a warthog grip on it, and the 17cm curved on top of a 10cm straight extension. That makes for a heavy, tall stick, but it still manages to center good enough for the F/A-18 autopilot to still engage. It is also breathtakingly accurate. I can put bullets into cockpits in Il-2 now.

Now itā€™s not entirely without problems. It tends to cut out. This might be a faulty cable, it might be the powered HUB I have the thing plugged into. Iā€™m still experimenting with the perfect setup when it comes to that.

2 Likes

Nice!!! Iā€™ve had The Warbird base with a TM F/A-18 Grip for about a monthā€¦Very Big Difference coming from TM baseā€¦Iā€™m enjoying the great precision and ease of movement.

That is a long extension and on top of a WarBRD base which is (in contrast to the Mongoos base) supposed to be used as a tabletop base.

I suppose that it still feels OK. Though the travel must be quite long, right?

Yeah I think on a warbrd base that extension would be too long. Start hitting your knees on roll, and be uncomfortable when pulling with all your might.

2 Likes

ā€œSharing Is Caringā€ (just donā€™t cut in line!) :joy:
Going to try and snag a Throttle. Crazy process if u ask meā€¦

Next Restock (Dates provided are estimates and may change at any time. )
Date: 25.04.2020
Time: 6am GMT
Restocked Items:

• VPC WarBRD Base
  • VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip
  • VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base
  • VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle
  • VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals
  • VPC ACE-2 Rudder Pedals
  • VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals
2 Likes

Make sure you are ready few minutes before the official time announced.

And if you manage, you may like to check the following two documents in order to configure it to your liking. The throttle is very good and via the config app it is also a very flexible and capable device :+1:

Virpil_Configuration_mazex_edition_v0.6.2.pdf (1.1 MB) VPC Software - Technical Overview _ VIRPIL Controls Support Center.pdf (4.0 MB)

1 Like

How does it compare to the thrustmaster warthog throttle?

I of course donā€™t know but my researching shows it is, mostly, neck-and-neck with the Warthog, each having their downsides. Priced roughly the same.

Iā€™ll try to give Virpil my money once, maybe twice. After that itā€™s the WH with the TDC mod. Maybe, as my CH is still holding in there.