VR News

So, late to the party, but I tried Google Earth in VR for the first time today. Pretty amazing! Hard to believe it is free.

1 Like

Almost there. Higher rez screen, higher FOV plus eye tracking.

1 Like

Social… engagement?
But I’m married already!

2 Likes
1 Like

creepy. Now they know not only which naked ladies you like to look at, but which parts of their body you focus on the most too. :jenneke:

oh, now that would be a nice addition, especially for racing sims where TrackIR or VR don’t seem to do well for me as I move my eye’s around in a car far more than my head

It’d be great to track where you look so that High Resolution is only computed where you look and not wasted on peripheral vision…

Vive seems to be leading the way into next Gen of VR. Higher Res being key to my diving in.
But that higher price tag is my only hangup unless the difference is dramatic.

I’m sure Oculus has their own vision of gen2, and they wont be far behind HTC, if at all. Unless they get the foveated rendering perfected, higher resolution might not be all that useful without more GPU muscle. The future is certainly looking bright though!

Zero regrets here about my Rift, which I have had for a year now.

After seeing the “Go For Launch” trailer…I think we need Kerbal Space Program VR mode…!

https://youtu.be/Mz1eNo9EIH0

3 Likes

Even though I am not invested in VR, I like hearing about it and your impressions.

Its not for me know, but when it has evolved a tad and the quality goes up and cost come down, I will be eagerly waiting.

Till then keep tickling my imagination

2 Likes

Dude, you are missing out!

I’m in the same boat as Bogus, I’ll wait out the first generation and once they’ve got more pixels in then I’ll spend a massive amount of money on it. I understand the experience right now is quite exciting, but well, I only have so much budget.

2 Likes

I was determined to wait as well… I failed! :wink:

Hey, it’s not like nxt gen VR will be anything less than what we have today.
It can only get better. It will.
Especially since there seems to be enough of us early adopters around to justify the costs… :wink:

But one thing is certain. Judging by how much I love VR today, warts and all, getting nxt gen VR in a year or two and hardware to run them will be… What’s the next level above mindblowing euphoria…? :slight_smile:
And, for all I know, nxt gen VR may even demand less 'puterpower as they perfect warp routines and foveated rendering techniques.
Heck! We may even have VR gloves.
I may never leave the virtual world. :vr:

1 Like

Payday VR announcement:

‘Train to rob banks in VR’. Um…

Payday started off well as a game, but then sort of fell into community disrepute with how they handled their DLC being non cosmetic.

As with all run and gun games, not sure what the locomotion options will be, considering that ‘trackpad forward’ still gets a decent percentage to barf. Maybe blink motion?

2 Likes

Payday was ok to start, but even aside from DLC, I got bored of it pretty quick. I can see the appeal in VR I guess, but ya, barfing would suck.

1 Like

My money is on no more than room scale movements. They did John wick chronicles and used plenty of payday assets in it. So most likely an expansion of that wave shooting. That’s not a bad thing though as John wick was rather active in your movements

1 Like

My main problem was “too many cops to kill!”- it’s not too fun in the end. Those are good guys.
And and and… they literally throw their life away like that?

I’d have preferred many less and (logically) harder to kill. Not HP but cleverer movements and tactics…

2 Likes