Want to make a cheap high-end pc?

At present, four years later, the Xeon E5-2670 is attracting a lot of interest in the enthusiast circles. Initially priced at around $1550, the E5-2670 has 8-cores clocked at 2.6GHz with a 3.3GHz turbo frequency and a whopping 20MB L3 cache.
Using the LGA2011 socket, the E5-2670 was intended for use with the C600 workstation series chipset. However, it is also compatible with X79 desktop motherboards. As such, the E5-2670 supports the same quad-channel DDR3 memory its desktop cousins, the Core i7-3970X and 4960X processors. The 5960X, on the other hand, features support for more modern DDR4 memory, but that won’t account for any significant performance advantage in most use cases.
So you’re probably wondering at this point: why we are talking about a four-year-old hideously expensive server-grade processor? Early last year, these processors were selling for around $300. Not a bad deal for an 8-core Sandy Bridge processor with great L3 cache…
A few months later, Xeon E5-2670 processors were selling for as little as $200. By late November they were down to $125 with no sign of stopping. PC enthusiasts following the secondhand market were snapping them up in disbelief over the price.
Expecting this seemingly too-good-to-be-true deal to end shortly, the opposite happened. The E5-2670 continued to drop in price. Today they can be had for just $70.

Yes. Yes, I do. Although…

Today they can be had for just $70.

…actually means you can buy a used one for $70. Call me skeptical, but I have a hard time buying a used processor, especially one that has overclock potential. How do I know I’m not getting a partially smoked chip?

Of course, at $70, I could afford to buy a few spares.

Because these are server CPU’s. They come from server rooms.

because they are just as outdated as PhenomII and FX Series CPUs…lol