What we are driving (2021)

Hope you are all ok dan. That looks awful!

2 Likes

hope everyone is ok… looks like a bad little shunt there

1 Like

Ouch. That’s a bad day. Sorry and hope it was injury-free.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I’m a little beat up and my wrist are burned from the airbag, but my daughter is fine and on her iPad while wait for everything to get resolved. I think the trooper is going to give us a ride home.

9 Likes

How’s your neck feel? And your daughters’ ? Looks bad man. Got the shakes already?

5 Likes

Ouch! Been there, done that!
Hope all is ok!

1 Like

Thanks again everyone. My daughter is fine. She was belted up snug in a tall seat. She had some broken glass on her and cried a little bit, but was fine once I told her we were OK and give her the digital passie. I was proud of her later, because she wanted to make sure the the lady who hit us was OK. The SC state trooper was really awesome. He put her in his car because we were still on a bridge and worried he about continued chaos. His words were something like, “Accidents beget more accidents.” Then he drove us home when my wife couldn’t reach us due to the traffic jam that ensued. A three-time Iraq deployed Army vet, he was professional, polite, and gave us a ride home. We offered him lunch, but he declined.

12 Likes

Ouch. Glad to hear everyone is okay. Take it easy, the neck might get progressively worse over a few days before getting better.

3 Likes

Yeah, and document everything. Get checked out by a doctor, if for no other reason than to document the accident.

5 Likes

Yeah especially on a bridge, which tend to be ‘fast’ stretches of road.

I was driving the van the other day and saw a little car stopped on the bridge. I parked in front, put a orange pylon twenty yards back from here and then asked whats up. She had a burst tyre and no idea what the spare in the booth was for :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Good drills sir

1 Like

Glad you’re ok! Reminds me of when my Pilot wiped out in heavy rain on the interstate just over 4 years ago.
No other cars in my case, I was alone in the car, and my front impacted the guide rail instead of it being rear impact, but it was also totaled after it. I also had a left arm burn from the curtain airbag deployment, those things pop out soooo fast but a little too close…

Biggest difference is now you need to find a new ride in a much more challenging environment, between interest rates and lack of dealer inventory. Good luck to you!

2 Likes