What we hearing? - Mudspike plays

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to this new album.

I always love some Bowie. Keep us posted!

YouTube just suggested these guys to me, and now Iā€™m wondering where theyā€™ve been all my life.

1 Like
1 Like

Whats with all the female leads in the ā€œWhat we hearingā€ thread?

Are male vocalists going the way of the electric guitar?

Did somebody say female lead?

2 Likes

Where are electric guitars going?

And from where Iā€™m watching, as long as there is corporate - owned radio stations with the seven - song playlist chosen by a committee in a boardroom based on inputs from major corporate record labels, there will be bands with male vocalists, and theyā€™ll have the vast majority of the airtime on that oft-recycled playlist.

My personal music collection is right at about 50/50 for male and female leads in bands, but a lot of the latter never get played on the two top-40 and one ā€œmodern rockā€ stations in my market area (the quotation marks are another rant altogether).

Anyway, my point is, I like sharing what Iā€™m listening to, and I tend to shy away from sharing mainstream stuff here, which is I guess why is more women vocalists on my part.
Sorry about the rant - I grew up in radio stations, and Iā€™m kinda passionate and opinionated about the medium, especially where it concerns local news and music.

3 Likes

I listen to what sounds good to me. Gender is irrelevant.

2 Likes

I prefer female singers too. :+1:

This is my favorite song of all time ā€¦

1 Like

Weā€™re just gearing up for the Easter get together at the ā€œLinebacker Estateā€! My house is seriously underrated for 30 guests!

Wish me luck.

1 Like

Ok sure. Yaā€™ll have crushes.

I respect it. But Iā€™m not letting you get away with it.

3 Likes

You caught me, I <3 Big Bill :kiss: :kiss:

3 Likes
2 Likes

DMB Man, I listened to this CD so many times when it came out back in 95 or so. I went to Big Head Todd and the Monsters and DMB show back then. The tour started with Big Head Todd as the headliner, but Under the Table and Dreaming blew up and DMB was headling by the end of the tour.

2 Likes

Seriously thinking about catching these guys (Stick Figure) at Red Rocks, but I might have to catch in Raleigh insteadā€¦

1 Like