What we hearing? - Mudspike plays

Been a long week, but it’s over…

1 Like

“When I Was Your Age!”, my relief was a bit more grungy :smiley:

Cranked to 11.

2 Likes

Oh boy did I love Smashing Pumpkins.

1 Like

Same here…saw them a few times when they toured for Siamese Dream and loved their albums prior to that one. Never quite got fully into Mellon Collie though and after that I have not listened to anything they have put out.

1 Like

My scenario EXACTLY, although I never saw them … that must’ve been awesome!

My grunge memories are starting to flow now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also RATM … I’m a huge Tom Morello fan …

I’ve done some brooding in my day. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I was in college when I saw them live and Cherub Rock was blaring out of pretty much every dorm or apartment on campus for an entire year. Actually, when I saw them in Cincinnati, they played at a smaller club and we hung out after the show by their tour bus and I got to meet James who had spent the day shopping for CD’s before playing the show. Unfortunately, Darci and Billy were at a bar that was 21 and over after the show and I was not of age yet :frowning:

2 Likes

This is for me mum …

3 Likes

I was in college just as grunge broke out. The early 90s were a remarkable time for music as there was a ton of experimentation in sound and form and amazingly a lot worked. There were a lot of one-hit wonders that came and went, but it was a unique experience to turn on the radio, hear 10 songs I’d never heard before, and like 9 of them!

Unfortunately, around 1998 or so that era ended and it’s pretty rare now for me to hear ONE song I like out of about 50 unless it’s a channel playing old songs. :wink:

1 Like

One of my biggest regrets in life is not having seen them play live. I pray for a reunion tour at some point.

1 Like

I did and even got a lousy overexpensive t-shirt for that.

RATM, Battle for Italy. 2008!

(this is just a terrible extract, not my stuff. I couldn’t have recorded anything anyway. I WAS THE MOSHPIT!)

1 Like

Can you really call it a moshpit if it’s just one guy?

2 Likes

Yes.

Oh, and also this phenomenal guitar player and street performer Damian Salazar!

I think incredible guitar playing is becoming a lost art … the people don’t seem to know what to make of it …

Check out his channel …

Has anybody seen Childish Gambino’s new video for This is America? I won’t post it here due to the very controversial imagery, but wow. Talk about a work of genius.

1 Like

i didnt know a thing as shredding too fast existed, but this becomes a mush of grumbled tones at times.

Stick Figure at Red Rocks Amphitheater was the best concert I’ve ever been to. It was just insanely good. The sounded fantastic, the setting can’t be beat…it was really, really enjoyable. Twiddle was the second act and while they were good, they really didn’t hold a candle to Stick Figure.

Not my video…but here is Stick Figure playing Hawaiian Song that night. Hard to imagine it with the proper feeling of base. And yes…most of that smoke is recreational marijuana…LOL…

I do worry about that dog’s hearing though…he was definitely the star of the show…

2 Likes
1 Like

@Aginor … medieval Metallica! …

1 Like