What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

Huh, i never knew that! I quite enjoyed 3!

2 Likes

It was such a shame that series got cancelled, Summer Glau was an interesting terminator :grin: and the fact it finished on a cliff hanger was a real downer

2 Likes

Yes…yes she was. But i never watched it.

2 Likes

I’m very much enjoying the Anime “wangan Midnight”
Street racing, awesome late 80’s cars. Wonderful animation and drawing. Story is a bit slow. But amazingly written.

It’s making me really want a 280z datsun

1 Like

I never believed that the lead singer of Garbage would make a good terminator, either!

The biggest plot hole to me was Summer’s character acts human in the pilot until they find she’s a terminator, then she acts like Arnold for the rest of series. So she can, but now won’t?

3 Likes

So she is a cat? Either that or my wife :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

What’s better than “TOP GUN”? well… “TOP GUNn-ER!”

So hilariously bad

EDIT: LOLOLOL There’s even a sequel!

4 Likes

There are a lot of countries, officials, officers, and just plain evil people wearing too much facial makeup nowadays. If we put strict controls on makeup, we could alleviate a lot of the world’s suffering.

4 Likes

Rewatching Battlestar Galactica. Just finished binging the Pilot ‘mini-series’ and season one.

I can’t believe it aired nearly 20 years ago & it has stood the test of time really well… Unlike the original. I tried watching that, but there was so much cheese it drove my cholesterol through the roof.

6 Likes

Yes I saw a bit of the original BSG on some channel somewhere, it was the pilot film, and I likewise just couldn’t enjoy it like I did 40 years ago.
Meanwhile, SFC’s BSG I have watched over and over multiple times and despite some lingering irritation at things that weren’t sufficiently planned in advance it is still one of my top non-Star Trek SF series.
There have been so many ST series I rank them separately!

3 Likes

Man i absolutely loved that series. It was amazing in places, awful in places but on average was totally fantastic. Need to rewatch.

Mmmm number 6…

3 Likes

And the planetary fighter launch in free fall?
The, i think was called, Adama Maneuver…

5 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/mtXG5fcXcdpux3Y3A

Yes. Yes. Yes

4 Likes

Battlestar Galactica Bsg Gifs GIF

4 Likes

For our date last night, my wife convinced me to watch the new Barbie movie. I think I walked away from it with 10 fewer IQ points, a dislike for dolls, and a burning hatred for The Indigo Girls and their song “Closer to Fine” and Matchbox 20’s “Push”.

If you haven’t seen it, avoid it at all costs. Worst. Movie. Ever. I would rather watch Top Gunner or any movie that mover has ruined; or have my hand repeatedly slammed in a door; or…I dunno… Death by bunga bunga. Even my wife hated it and she loves Barbie!

4 Likes

This might be the first bad review of the movie I’ve seen since its release! My wife is a harsh critic and she loved it!

4 Likes

I’m not usually a bad review guy, and I can usually find something good about movies, but my goodness. To me, almost irredeemable. The best part about it, for me, was I got to look at Margot Robbie. You Aussies know how to grow em.

1 Like

Loved the movie. Have always loved the Indigo Girls. In my part of the world death is by “Dunta” (but I am guessing that the act doing the killing is the same). Agreed on Margot Robbie.

3 Likes

C’mon guys. You know we keep all the good looking ones here and only send ugly people to Hollywood… dontcha?

:crazy_face: :roll_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes