What we watching? – Mudspike at the movies

It doesn’t grate that Sutherlands character and the way he talks is utterly anachronistic? It did for me, and despite that I loved that flick. I can see how it’s a tankies tank movie :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah, I just saw that appear yesterday. It’s only 45m, like one of those old Wonderful World of Disney specials maybe?

1 Like

Not a movie really but, this episode was great [1]. This dude is a great story-teller, esp. if your into military related ones:

[1] Having a son, a former US Marine, helps - I’ve witnessed first hand a tiny bit of their shenanigans, ie; an impromptu boxing match, for fun, in front of his barracks (circa 2001) where only 1 set of gloves was available. So they improvised with some on-the-spot rules modifications.

2 Likes

I haven’t watched it yet. One of my first students bought me the book as a gift. As I recall it was very short.

1 Like

This was just sent to me by the wife. Looks awesome

6 Likes

Daniel Bruehl is getting serious about racing skills, eh?

OK since I can’t stay in bed the whole day- I also sit at my PC and catch up with some TV / Youtube I put off for a long time and I finally started LOKI.

and…
OH
my
gods…

Yeah I am a simpleton with too much feelings but by the end of episode 4 I was openly sobbing. Just a bit, but sobbing nevertheless.

I NEVER imagined the writing and direction to be that tight and perfect.

Stunning- impreesive- wonderful.

1 Like

the scene with the 3 shermans coming out of the railway tunnel, is just excellent, just dont hit me with those negative waves @schurem :rofl: also talking of @schurem does anyone else see a small resemblence to donald southerland in kellys heroes :grin: :grin:

6 Likes

2 Likes

Look man I’m way hairier than mr Sutherland ever was :wink:

I do command an unlikely hodgepodge of a crew however :rofl:

4 Likes

and for the little I know you- you’re doing great.
I know I would follow you to the doors of hell.

:saluting_face:

3 Likes

Els let slip she’d never watched robocop.

She has now. Man i forgot how bloody brutal that film is. I was quite taken aback.

Wife said it was absolutely awesome. She is correct.

5 Likes

I’m guessing that it was the uncut version (Rated R in Australia)?

Yeah, brutal. But in that OTT way that made 80’s action movies the best.

3 Likes

Hell yeah.

2 Likes

And ya know what. I don’t hate the reboot/remake from 2014 either. Nowhere near as good, but I don’t hate it :wink:

2 Likes

Not seen it but quite like joel kinnaman.

1 Like

I know what I will be watching next summer. yep

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F
https://youtu.be/qBG3iyr5N70?si=IXbidfrHLi76u0tx

The nostalgia runs deep with this one.

Edit:
OMG !!, I just looked at the IMDb page for the original Beverly Hills Cop and next summer it will have been FORTY years since the first BHC movie was released. :exploding_head:

Wheels

6 Likes

Oh yes. FOR SURE going to see that!

3 Likes

We just bought the Northwest Passage (1940) DVD from Amazon. Won’t be here till after Chrimbo, but looking forward to watching it again. Seen it many times, but not for many years.

Roger’s Rangers! That’s right - his rangers will give the natives a right rogering! :rofl:

Back when movie fighting was full of hilarious bullshido. It’s great :slight_smile:

2 Likes