Where all them planes at, yo?

More weirdness, courtesy of the global pandemic…

2 Likes

9/11 was very weird as well but also brought out the best in people

3 Likes

Thats a lovely story. Very enjoyable read

1 Like

As a Canadian, I can say that growing up I had a number of friends and classmates whose families had come to Ontario from Newfoundland & Labrador in one generation or another and I can also say that I cannot recall any of them being anything but some of the most pleasant and kind people I have met.

2 Likes

This story is actually a Tony-winning musical:

1 Like

Imagine the feeling when you’re almost across the pond and oceanic control tells you that the entire USA airspace is closed…
I was a first officer that had celebrated my first year of employment with SAS, the week before. I remember having stand-by duty that day. Dispatch called me and asked if I could fly. Normally they just give you a check-in time and a flight number.
”Are you able to fly today?”
I replied something like ”eh, do I have a choice? Of course I can”
I hadn’t watched the news…
That was the eeriest day at work. Caught news flashes at every groundstop.

5 Likes

I was not long wobbling back on my feet after my chemical incident. Travelling from Scotland by train to Southampton then air to Jersey it was obvious something had happened. I assumed an IRA atrocity. At SAM my staff id got me the story as far as was known. A very strange flight, hardly anyone spoke. I never took my eyes of the person from the Midlde East and planned my immediate actions. Poor man, a lot of ex military were doing just that, and still do…

3 Likes