Where You Are Photos

I’ve been going up and down between Seattle and Vancouver, BC a lot over the last few weeks. About 3 hours by car, about 40 minutes by plane (so 3 hours with airports). Four hours by train, although not done that.

So, no, I am not actually on the International Space Station, but it did remind me of this composite pic (best expanded out) that I really like and sums up ‘where I am’ a lot:

It’s great because it puts the entire flight (or drive, I’ve driven it a couple of times last week) into perspective.

If you don’t know the area, the landmarks are roughly (I threw these on, so hopefully right…)

10 Likes

A combination of World In Conflict and Take On Helochoppers have meant I’ll never be lost in Seattle :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

A lovely calm winter morning - nice day to catch the ferry to work.

13 Likes

You’ve probably been there, done that, and have the hat, but recommend the Boeing factory tour in Everett and a floatplane ride out of Lake Union with Kenmore. Tell them you are a pilot and they will let you ride right seat in the Otter.

1 Like

The factory tour is amazing, although not done it in the last 8 years or so - and now that I think about it again want to do it some more. The scale in those hangars is so weird. :slight_smile:

I could show the Lake Union pilot my tacview from last night - it’s unlikely they’d let me board, let alone sit anywhere near the controls afterwards though. I might get a discount or get given a white cane. :dizzy_face:

My CYVR/KSEA/CYVR rat-run is on a noisy Dash 8-400 or occasionally a CRJ-900. They struggle to get up to 13,000 ft before having to descend.

I took a picture of the Moon and Mars during last night’s lunar eclipse:

The location was packed:

8 Likes

My view of the lunar eclipse. The dry spell ended last night

15 Likes

At least you didn’t post a picture of that. :smirk:

4 Likes

Let me clarify, i should have written, i wish i could have seen it. But the storms gave no opportunity. Great picture though

3 Likes

Were you on a broomstick? That’s a mighty purdy sky Bogus!

1 Like

Just going through my backlog, a small selection of my favourites:

10 Likes

no, not my picture. Its just there as a reference as to what was blocking my view of the Mun…. I mean moon.

Honey do list #42 – Replace main floor powder room vanity (including plumbing), mirror and moulding. GOT ER’ DONE! According to my wife I’m getting good at these tasks and I enjoy doing them very much…

I TOTALLY lucked out with the existing drain pipe placement in that the pipe comes in sideways between those two drawers LOL! You don’t even know it’s there!

6 Likes

This ^^^ is my fav pic from our Minnesota camping LAN trip earlier this month. Inside shelf in the outhouse - stuff prolly hasn’t moved in 40 years. In the middle of the pic is a flat metal box of hacksaw blades.

5 Likes

Here we are, on vacation in southern Denmark.
Hot sun. Beautiful beach. Sea breeze to keep us from cooking our brains. The ocean. How can it get any better than this?
I’ll tell ya! Two Danish Air Force F-16 in a lowpass maybe 100m out to sea…!
Happened so fast I couldn’t reach my phone in time…

11 Likes

14 Likes

We are a part of the Rhythm Nation.

12 Likes

Miss Jackson if you’re nasty.

2 Likes

Hello, old friend!

9 Likes

The Rhine is carrying barely any water. Ships can not be fully loaded and they whirl up sediments. Normally you can’t make out the shipping lane but it’s very noticeably darker right now.

And there’s no rain in sight until the end of August…

3 Likes