Where You Are Photos

2AM in icy JFK…

2 Likes

It’s kinda nice here in LA today. :wink:

3 Likes

Am I crazy for wanting to leave LA for Maine? I miss seasons.

2 Likes

no, you are not

After 10 years in Ohio, I really enjoy the lack of snow in the Austin area. I get enough of a reminder every year when I have to fly into Teterboro, Toronto or Boston in the Winter months.

Yep, I don’t miss this at all! Lol.

No - seasons are great. Although if you are in LA, your seasons are very, very close. I mean, an hour or so drive and you can hike Mt. Baldy in the winter - or a couple hours you could be up in the Sierras or Mammoth. So at least you CAN find some seasonality…! :smiley:

That said - I’d love to live in Maine.

Seasons can be pretty good sometimes

FB_IMG_1519044346186

FB_IMG_1519044307793

FB_IMG_1519044324134

6 Likes

It was a large factor in my deciding to move back to North Carolina from San Diego.

Oh c’mon now…we all know why you came back…

3 Likes

I mean, you’re not wrong…

Where is that, BTW? Asking for a friend.

1 Like

Come to The Netherlands and enjoy our distinct visually impressive gray sky! Sometimes we even have a sun!

3 Likes

LOL…I just Googled “Carolina BBQ” and it spit that out. But in the interest of investigative reporting…this is where it came from:

What’s that?

2 Likes

Big yellow orb, usually obscured by clouds, sometimes causes direct illumination of objects and being a general hassle for northern lattitude people :wink:

1 Like

The sunspots last week totally took out one computer’s OS, the dishwasher top rack, and my car’s thermostat and radiator.

2 Likes

Holy moley Crew! Maybe the giant magnfying glass over your house wasnt a good idea?!

3 Likes

Deep South Pulled Pork?! :heart_eyes::star_struck::stuck_out_tongue:

You forgot the horizontal rain…

Thank you all for the feedback. My wife and I went out in October and I loved the views, people and pace.

It’s not just the seasons I miss that is making me want to move though. I’m currently in the role of ED of IT for a cable network. While successful, the “always on” coupled with brutal commutes has drained me of any hobbies and killed my social life (Physical or otherwise). For the 2nd time in the last 5 years I got bad health news again last year! Well looks like I’m beating it but I’ve (finally) realized life is to short for this B.S. and ready for a life change.

So I want to buy a house, some kayaks and a paramotor and enjoy life a bit while it’s here.

3 Likes

One of thousands of pull off recreational areas in Maine that we had seen.

3 Likes