Where You Are Photos

Yep we are right below

1 Like

Money!

1 Like

EDIT: Don’t know what happened, but my high speed WiFi is working now.
So, now I can see all these awesome screenies that you guys are posting. Thanks guys! It’s keeping my sane while I’m confined to my hotel…well, it’s not all that bad. I stocked up on provisions last night.

I’m stuck in my hotel in Boston for the day. We were supposed to be doing some EMC testing at Intertek, but we’re caught in yet another Blizzard.
So, I went ahead and paid the $5 upgrade for faster wifi thinking I’d watch some youtube or videos or something. Or look at screen shots here on Mudspike.
I can’t see any screenshots and I can’t connect to youtube or vimeo – because the security here says that youtube’s certificate is invalid.

Think I’m going to ask for my $5 back!

So if you don’t mind me asking, where do you work?

I am an electrical engineer at a dental imaging company. Imaging Sciences. We make a digital 3d cone beam CT scanner mostly used for orthodontics. We make 2d systems under the name Gendex. It’s very likely that you’ve seen our equipment in your dentist’s office.

I used to come up here for MIL testing of the Bru-57 and Bru-55 under MIL-461 standard. That was a while ago. A long while.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I’ve definitely also done medical center upfits with your equipment as well. I do consulting work, and the hospital systems here are a big client.

5 Likes

So did your co-pilot roll his eyes as he was pushing the aircraft back and forth so you could get your framing just right? :wink:

5 Likes

It’s worse than that. I made him pull up the sign, and rebury it with a post hole digger. Fortunately, it is March in southern Georgia and not July. He lived.

4 Likes

Been a busy few days for a little (slowish) plane…

5 Likes

car1

This is the quintessential airport car. This car exists at hundreds of small airports across the United States. It is the exact same car. I’m pretty sure they all came off the assembly line looking exactly like this. Cracked plastic dashboard. Stains…oh…there are stains. Usually dog hair. Typically, the power steering is…marginal. Air conditioning - are you kidding?? Heat…sometimes. Some are actually placarded with various things such as “do not use power windows…they will not go back up”. “Reverse does not work, mind your parking location!” Without exception, they all have very odd noises coming from the brakes. Some have police spotlights on the windows. At some well meaning FBOs, there are old hand-drawn maps on the floor showing you where the best BBQ is, or fast food, or a “steak house” (Shoney’s). Almost all have fuel needles that teeter near empty…and good pilots will stop and put a few bucks of gas in. They are almost all exempt from speeding tickets (in my experience), and almost always earn a hard look in some neighborhoods because they all look like police cars. Oh, and the smell. The smell. I’m guessing that a large portion of the GA community are smokers.

Whatever the case. I’m always grateful when the airport has one. I try to always put gas in it when I have the time. And I try not to drive it like I stole it. We had a pilot before that used to drive crew cars as if he were Baby Driver. I know of one crew car that ended up in a ditch. And one that was outright wrecked. Perhaps it was the brakes. Most probably the brakes. Never speed or recklessness.

Anyway. It is part of the fabric of being a corporate type pilot. Crew cars. And yes, I’m aware of the MillionAir Jaguars and Range Rovers, and the common Nissan Altimas that are at every Signature. I’ll take the Crown Vic every time. Reliably awful.

7 Likes

“Like a glove!” :slight_smile:

giphy

cvpe

2 Likes

LOL. In 20 years they will all be used-up Dodge Charger cop cars.

3 Likes

I’m gunna bet on the 2018 Crown Victoria. :slight_smile:

cv

Prolly not, galdang that car is ugly.

Bloody hell… IRL? :open_mouth:

Or the 6000 SUX?
index

2 Likes

Ah yes, I can see the shape of a massive crustacean in your recent flights taking place! Good job!

So you sleep with the hotel door locked I suppose? :wink:

1 Like

So this was Bainbridge back in 1944 - the history of the place is a pretty nifty read…

4 Likes