Where You Are Photos

8 Likes

That’s just an expensive glider now!

1 Like

It was sure fun poking around it. The size of that thing is just mind boggling. I think just one section of the flaps was as large as the wing on our Citation. And the wheel wells looked about the size of a decently priced NYC apartment. It’s a bummer to know its going to get sliced up over the coming years…

1 Like

It sure is, the first I walked underneath one of those wings when all the flaps and slats were deployed. That was an amazing experience to see such a massive machine in a massive hanger with a large crane deployed next to it too. Right now i think they look comparatively small when parked next to our hangars and they don’t strike me as big at all :crazy_face:

On our way to Moab, the Colorado River and White Rim. Heading out from Grand Junction after breakfast!

The tunnel ^^^ at Hanging Lake.

6 Likes

Vroom

11 Likes

Hello, beautiful. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

And a delight to drive!

2 Likes

4 Likes

I wish mine would ever look this clean, but i’m such a lazy slob. :yum:

1 Like

Few days late on this, but that is an awesome video, glad you made it back safe.

1 Like

A little late to be staring at an engine intake on a Saturday night, innit?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Thats not same blue blue light crime scene investigators use for blood or bodily fluids is it.

If so, there is a story here !

1 Like

I take better care of my bike then my car :joy: Although even then it got a bit dusty when the sahara sands were raining down again two weeks ago or so. Brand new polished tesla looked dirty and muddy even!

The Hudson swimmer?

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. It’s at the museum at CLT, after all.

1 Like

It is.

It is a fascinating display. I didn’t have time to take it all in though. We went to the Carolinas Aviation Museum to attend the retirement party of a USAirways/American pilot. A super cool guy that was a chief pilot for USAirways for many years in Pittsburgh, DC, and CLT. He retired flying the A330 and the stories that were told of him last night were really amazing and I don’t know that there was a dry eye in the house at some points. He is an African American, and he paved the way for dozens of careers at USAirways and American. I had the opportunity to meet Warren Wheeler, who started Wheeler Flying Services and Wheeler Airlines, an early 70s company that hired large numbers of African American pilots that eventually flowed through into the majors. The room was definitely filled with legends last night and it was truly my honor to be in attendance.

7 Likes

Wow, you guys have a DASH

Talk about an off the wall idea way ahead of it’s time.

3 Likes