Where You Are Photos

Got a tankbag, very useful and not as unwieldy as it looks! You barely notice it when driving!

5 Likes

Kai and his cousin got to go to my wife’s Take Your Kid To Work Day…

3 Likes

Looks like an A320 sim to my untrained eye… what fun for the kids!

1 Like

Just got buzzed by a B-1…

9 Likes

9 Likes

That you @PaulRix?

2 Likes

Good looking Global, but not one of ours. I’m still grounded, nursing that broken arm. The cast came off on Tuesday and I was a little surprised when the Doc said it would probably be another 4-6 weeks before he felt comfortable signing me off as fit to fly.

1 Like

Please let your wife know that I’d be available if they ever have a “take some random 45 year old dude that thinks aviation is cool” day.

5 Likes

Saw a B-1 takeoff, full afterburner at RDU once. Loudest noise I’ve ever heard. Was great!

1 Like

Bones are cool and I bet that it was quite a sight. But unless your intestines turned into jelly, it wasn’t as loud as an SR-71 :grin:

1 Like

ok, chipwich wins.

1 Like

7 Likes

You at KCHS?

I was. Blue Angels were practicing down in Myrtle Beach and a bunch of planes were flying in here (CHS) today. Not sure if the military is keeping the planes here prior to the MB airshow or if there are airshows at both MYR and CHS this weekend…

A friend of mine works for Spirit in Wichita, and just posted yesterday nerding out because she saw the Dreamlifter taking off.

1 Like

It’s not really a hard day’s work

6 Likes

MSAA off, huh? :wink:

Erdinger!

I cannot find that stuff over in the states, and not for lack of effort.

1 Like

Yeah, this!
Bought a set of those glasses when the missus worked in Berlin…

Finally managed to get the CBR running again today, the old battery was spent. The impedance was really high when i tried to charge it so i guess the electrodes were completely sulphated. I have no strong power source to try a proper burn through, so i figure 10 years is a good age for a bike battery to call it quits.

Funny sidenote, last couple of seasons she developed a nasty habit of running really rough after startup, especially after standing for a few weeks, and she wasn’t accepting a lot of throttle at low rev. I always thought it was due to the carb being a little clogged or not perfectly set up, but turns out it was the ignition not working properly due to low battery voltage. Since replacing the battery, there’s a lot more available torque at low rev and she runs completely smooth. Didn’t know the ignition was that sensitive to undervoltage.

Try some Weihenstephaner wheat beer if you ever come across some, IMHO the best wheat beer you can find.

2 Likes