Where You Are Photos

Just landed in Copenhagen… almost 17 hours into my 22 hour airline trek to Crete.

4 Likes

I have to say that the Norwegian B787 livery looks very sharp!

4 Likes

Didnt know the coast guard operates 787s :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Did you know you can fit the entire population of Norway on one 787?

SoulfulSpectacularFox-max-1mb

5 Likes

Cleaning up the campsite in MN, and flipped the board over for a critter check - decided to leave this thing alone…

This colorful guy hitched home to CO in the camp gear. I put it under the deck, to mate with a box spider - can’t wait!

4 Likes

Bezel mount Mk2.

4 Likes

Friday happy hour.

6 Likes

3 Likes

I thought the install would only be a few hours but the guy spent 7 hours replacing our stupid old sliding patio doors with these beauties! …

I think after seeing this guy’s workmanship, I would’ve taken a few days to do it. :astonished: Glad nothing was broken (we’ve had an installer break a door in the past). The ironwork had to be encased in the sealed glass units so they took quite a few weeks.

Super happy how they turned out … the aesthetics really transform a room.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Crete. I just had one day here, but sometime in the future I would like to come back for a longer visit.

7 Likes

Me and my pilot showing up to farnborough yesterday, at 0:37 you can see our rather close call with a hawk that most definitely flew over the left intake about 2 feet from my cranium and the between the tails.
but for the grace of a lucky hawk goes that birdstrike :cold_sweat:

18 Likes

@Navynuke99 and I watching Slightly Stoopid get destroyed by Stick Figure. Sorry Ted, I know you are partial to your San Diego peeps!

Raleigh representing with the party atmosphere though…

4 Likes

Man I need an airshow soon this summer…

1 Like

Nice! I’m going to the B-52’s concert Tuesday. Don’t care how old they are, great memories.

2 Likes

Raced the sun for a bit to the coast last night. at 9.10 I decided to go out and do as such, first went to fill up the gastank and then the quickest route west, managed to see the red sun disappear behind the windmill park. What a view!

7 Likes

True story - even with Slightly Stoopid playing the Tom Petty and Grateful Dead covers, Stick Figure was better.

2 Likes

It was a great atmosphere there at Red Hat Pavilion. I’ve been flying into RDU for 23 years and I’ve never been downtown…so that was cool.

The opener was Pepper, who I was excited to see…but man, they talked so much during their set and it was F-bombs every other word. I’m no prude…and don’t mind some salty language…but it just had that adolescent trying too hard to be cool vibe (and these guys are almost 40 now).

Then Stick Figure played a fairly short set and they killed it. We are going to try to find a venue where they are playing as the featured band so we can hear a longer set list from them. We might have to go to a more local California venue for that. They were awesome though.

Slightly Stoopid were good. They sort of flip back and forth between faster paced songs and slower reggae tunes. We liked them, but Stick Figure still ruled the night.

Having seen Stick Figure at Red Rocks where everyone but us was smoking pot, I figured Raleigh, being in a more conservative state would put the hammer down on that. Nope. LOL. We were surrounded by the same chill type crowd we experienced in Denver. It was nice to see.

Super cool to finally meet @Navynuke99 after all these years. Really nice guy that just beams friendliness and I can’t wait to catch an event over in Charlotte with him and his girlfriend. Definitely puts the drive in me to try to figure up some Mudspike meet someday…

Marisa and I chilling on the back lawn…

5 Likes

A combination of hippie college kids from Carrboro and Boone, and rich, preppy high school kids from Raleigh and Apex.

Also, this happened.

Yes, those are Bob Marley pajamas.

4 Likes

OK, now you’re just buttering me up for that beer I owe you. :grin: Great to finally meet you and Marissa, and we’re looking forward to catching up in Charlotte!

2 Likes