Where You Are Photos

Although I missed the first Flanker titles and only started flying it in LO:MAC, it was awesome to finally see this elegant beast in the flesh last weekend. Its flying display was also a highlight!

7 Likes

Its my humble opinion that that is one of the all time sexiest designs (aside from an f111) :f111:

1 Like

Stopped for a quick dog walk en route to pick up step son from rail station

7 Likes

Not Maui.

4 Likes

That’s a pretty faithful looking dog.

[quote=“Cib, post:1789, topic:1282, full:true”]Stopped for a quick dog walk en route to pick up step son from rail station
[/quote]

I’m detecting a bit of wolf in your dog Cib(?). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Day 3 … rations of my inlaw’s first home-brew, an EXCELLENT (but strong 6.7%) honey vanilla lager are running low …

… no choice but to exfil … luckily we had access to a boat …

… living conditions were deplorable …

… the … horror …

… the … horror …

6 Likes

Man…you are gonna need a vacation from your vacation…

2 Likes

The 787 FD is starting to grow on me, the HUD in particular is a neat feature!

1 Like

Did you make vroom vroom sounds as you sat there? Ya’ gotta make vroom vroom sounds…(and “pew-pew-pew” sounds as you hit the TCS button on the yoke…)

1 Like

I totally am! They were dragging around 737’s and i pretended to be a tie-fighter!

1 Like

Those eyes!!!

1 Like

At home, trying something new:

Wanted a new animated avatar for Discord, alas it turns out you need to shell over 50 dollars for an animated avatar… ouch.

So yeah, it was atleast fun to make!

5 Likes

It’s pretty incredible how separate the domesticated dog is from its closest wild relative, isn’t it?

Problem is “Oh he’s part wolf!” is very in-vogue (Game of Thrones I guess? Not the author’s fault, just how trends go) and sells well.

That said it’s easy to see the appeal, that’s a very handsome canine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My dog is a ■■■■■ named Pixie, she is a bearded collie (The working kind) and a coursing greyhound. They make excellent hunting dogs for rabbits and hares
She is my 2nd lurcher the first was named Tarn and I got her in 1992 and I got both dogs from this chap who is well known in the UK lurcher scene
http://www.hancocklurchers.co.uk/

5 Likes

[quote=“Cib, post:1802, topic:1282, full:true”] She is my 2nd lurcher
[/quote]

Wow Cib … you don’t see many dogs like that here in North America …

… at least I don’t here in Canada. Must be a UK thing … never heard of the term “lurcher”. Very striking dog you’ve got there! (I’ve always been interested in Greyhounds although I’ve never owned one)

1 Like

I currently have a 14 year old Alsatian/Retriever cross - she has bad hip displaysia and arthritis now, poor girl - but she still puts every dog we come across in their place! Silly female dog (b- word not allowed), doesn’t realise if they take her on, she’s in trouble.
Her companion was an Alsatian/Lurcher - brindle in colour - and a fantastic hunter/retiever dog. The hares had no chance with him.

This will be our last dog, though - I struggle to walk them now. Good job the one we have needs shorter walks (and still collapses on most of them).

They were both rescue dogs, but the lurcher cross had to go back because he got worse as the other one got better (with training) - MrS Brix had a real struggle to hold him, so he went to a family with a big farm.

2 Likes

Still Not Maui.

11 Likes

You look younger than I imagined.

7 Likes

:wink:

1 Like