Where You Are Photos

I actually bought the “Pocket Full of Kryptonite” CD back in '91 but there’s no way these guys are still around!

I don’t actually see anyone on the stage in those pics either. :grin:

Now ya got me reminiscing about the Spin Doctors :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtFEgnSnBG8

some REALLY laid back groovy tunes on PFK!

1 Like

No, it was definitely them- they opened with Jimmy Olson’s Blues- first track from that album (it was one of the first CD’s I ever bought, and I still have it).

I’m actually really, really surprised that State had them play, seeing as that album came out before virtually ANYBODY there was born. However, everybody around us seemed to know Two Princes. I’m guessing thanks to their parents… who aren’t that much older than I am…

To be honest, Mark was kind of a jerk to the school mascots, who were up on stage trying to pump up the student body, and he chose some strange songs to perform that I was frankly surprised by (Refrigerator Car? Really?).

Refrigerator Car is definitely a more hard edge modern sounding song that I would’ve picked for the kids these days as well LOL! Solid tune.

There is NO WAY this band still exists. :grin:

The drummer would definitely have be on his game to pull this tune off !!! :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXpvX3HjfVQ

It literally reminds me of a RUSH tune.

1 Like

According to Wikipedia, it’s the same lineup as recorded their first two albums. And the drummer definitely nailed it. :slight_smile:

Everybody on campus is outside.

7 Likes

Anyone hear from Beach lately? His last post I joked he broke his leg in the bush. I’m not laughing any more. :frowning:

1 Like

The plan is he’s back tomorrow. He didn’t read my bear spray msg though, so it’s about 50/50 if he has both arms or not. We could be looking at a slower typing @BeachAV8R.

6 Likes

So you’re saying there’s an opening at Beach’s company?

brb.

2 Likes

Oooh, haven’t gone that far yet. Problem here, is is that motorcycles are so cheap so that you can get a pretty decent working one with 750 to 1500 euro’s. With only minimal maintenance required. Hard to find a project bike that you need to take fully apart!

…and then went to the chiropractor after lifting it into onto the patio… LOL

Just kidding of course…that looks fantastic. I’ll bet it did weigh a bit. My luck, after installation the yellowjacket nest within would awaken during my morning coffee…

Hey, thanks for the concern…sorry my last post was so cryptic, I shouldn’t joke around like that given the places I normally go. We headed up to Bryson City, NC for a couple days, where I had a little bit of cell signal, but then we loaded up a canoe and kayaks and paddled deep into the heart of Great Smoky Mountains National Park for four days. Back there, there was zero, zilch, nada signal. We stayed deep in the valleys, so we never got high enough to get any type of signal. Pics incoming, it was a great trip and a fantastic eclipse…! Thanks for the concern.

2 Likes

Ya, you got that right! It’s about a buck-fifty and quite awkward to lift so I make sure my wife is watching when I have to relocate it. (I usually kiss my pythons and/or strike a pose afterward but it never seems to impress her … I think all the grunting I do turns her off :grin: )

Speaking of yellowjackets … there’s definitely a cavity in the log that I was wondering about and never got around to inspecting with my flashlight … you can see a small entrance on the top and to the left where a branch used to be. :hushed:

1 Like

Oh hey, I just realized I used to have a 1978 CB 750F Super Sport LOL! Pretty, pretty cool no? :grin:

omg, I’m so old … just kill me now.

9 Likes

My dad had the normal one! He and my mum used drive everywhere, they had a Suzuki, Kawasaki and a Honda together. They were the “cool guys” off the family, obviously :wink:

You look pretty damn dashing in that photo, you should make that your profile picture!

New cassette, ready for the Mountains

Sunrise :partly_sunny:

5 Likes

Sunrise on my station (from my crap phone camera)

5 Likes

Great photo and love the CB. Would like to have a new one. Classic Honda inline 4 is wonderfully smooth and fun to ride.

2 Likes

I suppose it depends a little on location, but a Honda CB 750(post 2000), a CB 1(some sort of hybrid CBR600F1/4 and a Tour bike), or a CB 450/550 can be had for relatively cheap. Perhaps a wheel change and some basic maintenance but other then that, about 1500 euro’s for a damn decent bike!

Would love nothing more. If I didn’t have a bunch of RL responsibilities, then that would be an option. But I need my toys to be more or less plug and play, or have deep pockets to have the carbs cleaned every year. So It’s EFI for me please.

Not that I couldn’t do it and wouldn’t enjoy a restoration project. Some of the cafe conversions of 70’s and 80’s CBs are incredible. Or keep it stock. Those 70’s designs are amazing.

4 Likes

Carb cleaning isn’t the end of the world though, right? Grab a cleaning kit from the myriad of part websites and the haynes manual and off you go :wink: