Where You Were Photos…blasts from the past

They are more aerodynamic than the long noses believe it or not. We get FAR better fuel economy over here and we normally carry more weight in standard configurations

4 Likes

Noice! Exactly what I wanted to hear. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

what disease did cured ham have exactly?

6 Likes

Enough with the dad jokes already lol! Don’t quit your day job of organizing rally events. :slight_smile:

Some of the cooler stuff I’ve seen being delivered …

Oooo, I delivered a 737 yoke and column to a flight simulator building company just last week! They had a couple of full sized cockpits being built in their warehouse.

7 Likes

I don’t want to live in a world where George Carlin jokes are now dad jokes

6 Likes

The there I was thread awaits impatiently…
https://forums.mudspike.com/t/so-no-joke-there-i-was/10109/17

3 Likes

I want to hear the NZ trucking stuff! When we’re you here?

3 Likes

I shall oblige once I stop for a bit today lol bear with me

2 Likes

They do look awesome though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Memories from 16 years ago.

18 Likes

Wow!! That’s so cool. Where was that @anon51893362?

Looks like the junky airstrip that someone made as a mod for DCS. Great stuff!

Managed to buy few hours inside Yak-52 while visiting St Petersburg. Found a local club and even spend a night with locals while there.

4 Likes

15 Likes

Was at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth. Saw this photo hanging near the elevators on the 8th floor.

IIRC it was tae in the early 1980s. I thin I had an 8x10 glossy in my stack of photos for Reece training I VF-32. Pretty sure the Mirage is either a III or V…

5 Likes

I’ve seen that image somewhere myself. At first I thought the book, “Red Eagles”, but nah, don’t think so. Hmmm. cool picture.

IIRC, it was taken just after the US and Egypt started Mil-to-Mil engagements. Evidently this was a big deal flying by the pyramids. Well…considering there was something like 4,500 year difference between the pyramids and the jets…it is kind of a big deal.

It was a few years old when I first saw it in 1986-ish. The USN participants are a telltale of the time frame. Tomcats but no FA-18s (the A-7 instead). The A-6 has the low viz paint but not the A-7.

Got to love that MiG-21 camouflage.

2 Likes

92/93 UNTAC
Russians provided most of the aviation support via Mi-17
& this massive bi-yatch, the Mi26

some months after i took this photo an mi-26 crashed on take-off
it burnt to absolutely nothing but the rotor hub
& the chassis of a polish military lorry that was in the back

8 Likes

I would do anything to have an MI-26 halo and a CH-53 of pretty much ANY variety in DCS

1 Like

Does that come down to lower surface area then?

1 Like