X-Plane Flight Factor A320 Ultimate

Really interesting and valuable write up, thanks for the effort!

2 Likes

Correct small details make me giddy in flightsims, despite it not really being required… No idea why but your write up makes me want to get it! :smiley: Love it!

2 Likes

And it supports 55 kilos, according to Captain Joe…

2 Likes

You impressed @Chuck_Owl! I had forgotten how clean and beautiful that cockpit is. I last saw it 20 years ago and even then it way out-classed the brand-new-off-the-floor Max9. Looking forward to the in-depth paid piece on Mudspike!

2 Likes

I’m seriously thinking about getting this aircraft. The detail looks amazing, and i think I could probably fly it with my functioning left hand if I put both throttle and stick to my left side… it would take some juggling but probably do-able…

1 Like

Thanks for writing up your observations @Sine_Nomine. I’m close to taking the plunge with this one. I need to research the other available Airbus modules first though. Especially as the JAR A320 is heavily discounted right now.

3 Likes

First time ever on Mudspike, i made an account just to say your writing is amazing and please continue doing it!!!
Very nice community you guys make here!!

7 Likes

Welcome to Mudspike Szymans!

1 Like

Thanks! Im mostly interested in X-Plane stuff but ive been looking around a bit of everything, very interesting forums and good people. Definetly i’ll be around here often. Can’t wait for the third part of the review :yum:

1 Like

Ha…funny! You’ve said plenty of quality stuff. I just got home and am going to tuck into the second part of your impressions now that I’m able to sit still for ten minutes.

I think you hit the nail on the head there CP. The only other contender is the ToLiss A319 which is getting good reviews as well.

The problem is that most reviewers are going out of their way not to compare the two.

Honestly, I think you’d be way better off spending the extra scratch for the Flight Factor. I have the JAR A320, and while I can’t claim to have fully explored it, I’ve done enough reading to know that there are significant issues with it. The Flight Factor A320 seems to be really striving for near perfection. I haven’t bought it yet, but it is definitely going to happen…I just want to have a couple days to really savor it when I do.

I was flying the the JAR A320 last year (i’ve been out of home for months). And there were serious problems with the MCDU and AP behaviour. I dont consider myself expert on Airbus, but i had way more trouble with it than with the Aerosoft A320 that i was flying in FSX ( Also not a reference since i considere it as a half-study plane waay less complex tham the FF). That being said, i would add that if you want to enjoy the JAR 320 you HAVE TO buy the BSS soundpack wich is ~20$. For what im reading and because i personally prefer to study 200 pages but fly as real as possible and the fact that you need the BSS soundpack, i would buy the FF or wait a little for part 3 of this review hahahahaha :joy:

1 Like

Well, usually it is me getting Mudspike members to part with their hard earned cash. Not this time though! LOL.

So, I guess I’ll be studying A320 systems for the next few weeks. :sunglasses:

Thats what i like from real study level modules. You can go as deep as you want and you will always learn something new. Or you can just learn how to do an A to B flight and perfectly enjoy it.

Just a link to a very interesting CBT video channel in the Tube:

There’s a section for the Airbus family.

1 Like

I’ll be happy to go through it and make any typo edits (I doubt there are any). I think it is perfect as is.

1 Like

Speaking of the PTU, can you hear the “barking dog” from the cabin during the test?

After a few flights I am starting to get a feel for this airplane. I’m really liking it. I took a short hop today from Christchurch (NZCH) to Queenstown (NZQN) which went really well. I think the Air New Zealand livery is awesome too!

Pushback…

Climb out…

Cruising at FL240

Carefully monitoring the managed descent, which was very well done. You still have to stay on top of it though…

I fully configured nice and early as I know this RNAV approach leaves you high if you don’t transition to a visual approach early enough .

Fortunately it all worked out nicely.

Getting ready to pull into the only open parking stand. Obviously a busy day in Queenstown!

8 Likes

Fun fact, the CFM-56 7B series has a very simple fire detection system. Both an upper and lower Fire Warning Cable runs across the whole engine and once it melts or a resistance change is detected it will ring the bells. For clarity I presume it works the same on the 5B, found on this aircraft. The 7B is for the 737 with the new LEAP-1A being for Airbus and LEAP-1B being for Boeing aircraft, on the NEO and MAX generations.