X-Plane Releases Thread [2022/2023]

I am sure you’ve answered this somewhere up, but why v11, @Harry_Bumcrack?

1 Like

Because I was unsure if a Commercial/GA sim would ‘float my boat’ and at the time it was half the cost of XP12 and MSFS. And XP12 was early access.

I had dabbled with FSX in the past, but due to the graphics I found it a bit underwhelming… the Xmas fly-in seemed like the perfect excuse to give it another go?

XP12 is now on my wishlist and I will probably upgrade to that in the near future, or maybe even wait until I can get it on special? XP11 is ticking the boxes for now.

Edit: Oh yeah, and wider variety of available aircraft for XP11 (such as the Vulcan). I have a short attention span and… ooh, shiny!

If/When my current ‘hangar’ can be flown in XP12 = downloading it now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Makes sense. Everything I flew in XP11 works in XP12. Any decent module that came out in the last third of XP11’s run was designed to fly with the “Experimental Flight Model” checked. That model is essentially what is running under the hood of XP12.

1 Like

I’ve found a few snags with XP11 aircraft, mostly in turbine aircraft. The JF Arrows seem to work fine, other than elevator animation. I’ll slowly swap them out for their XP12 versions, but in the meantime, the default Baron 58 and C90B are pretty good.

2 Likes

I am mostly in the club ‘what was designed for 11 works best in 11’. I have tried few planes and there were quite many issues - they sit quite low on the tarmac, as mentioned by chip the jets works but the fuel consumption, power are all off, etc.

and the last Experimental FM from 11 is not entirely the same as 12. plus during the beta it was further updated. even the Weight&Balance is quite different in 12.

was there done that. L29, S211, T38, F16 are all working properly only to some extent in 12. did some magic in Plane Maker for the simpler ladies like L29 and T38 but I went back to 11 to fly properly the F16.
just imo, for XP11 birds would stick to 11. unless there is dedicated update for 12 from the devs.

XP11 is much better option than FSX these days. the FMs are much much better in XP and unless you have invested thousands of gold into FSX there is not much reason to go back to it. been there done that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have probably spent way too much time inside today & coincidentally probably spent more money than intended…

Based on the limited time (literally minutes) with the Vulcan. I really like the Thranda payware and because it has always been one of my favourite aircraft I couldn’t resist also buying this:

Along the way I have also picked up the RealityXP GTN 750, IL-22 Great Battles and Flying Circus Vol 1.

@Troll in combination with my new sim-pit. Piddle packs are now on order - The wife was correct, she’s never getting me out of it in a hurry.

Oh yeah. @PaulRix

The Vulcan is a ‘lot’ of a handful (definite operator error here):

5 Likes

naked gun pun GIF

6 Likes

Never gets old

6 Likes

Even moreso in light of the current society struggles and public discussion. :smiley:

this one is out

plus winter sale is up

3 Likes

Ooh, now that I couldn’t resist - The manual describes a few clickable controls/switches as “presently do/does not ‘do X’, hopefully there will be a future XPlane update to rectify this.” and “presently not enabled as we wait for an XP update to fix this.”

The manual is for both the XP11 and XP12 versions so I don’t know what version (or both) needs updating… I guess I’m about to find out :slight_smile:

Update:

Fun to fly. Not ‘study’ level but a very cool aircraft nonetheless, especially the the ‘White 5’ fictional variant that depicts a basic ‘racer’.

It is going to test my navigation skills though. Cut and paste from the manual:

The compass (RMI) used in the Tigercat has a fixed face, it does not rotate like more modern instruments. The white needle always points in the direction the aircraft is heading. The rectangular yellow needle is set up to indicate the relative direction of the currently tuned NAV1 station:

RMI

Not a problem, but…

Radios:

The row of boxes on the right side of the cockpit represent the Tigercat’s AN/ARC-5 VHF/MHF communication equipment and the APX-1 IFF system. Although many of the switches are animated, the equipment is a visual representation only and has no function in the simulator. The user should open the map screen and click on the VOR beacon or runway ILS image and select the ‘Tune NAV1’ option, the RMI will now point to the station as long as it is in range.

thats strange wording on their side. one would expect that it is going to work in 11 and needs update for 12.

yep, thats Virtavia. the study level WWII fighters for XP11 were from Flying Iron Sims.

anyway, whats the max speed you were able to reach at sea level ?

I will have to get back to you on that, I was mainly paying attention to MAP and RPM… Only really focussed on the speed for landing. And I have only taken it for a brief flight, just a few circuits really.

Flying Circus has been too much fun :slight_smile:

Edit: with the ‘racer’ variant and minimal fuel (600lbs / 30 minutes @ cruise) and 200ft ASL I saw a smidgeon over 300… let’s call it 302KIAS

not bad for a prop fighter :+1:

btw this seems to be pretty nice and big freeware scenery for XP12. for anyone interested to explore Alaska

just wow ! :

Included are 461 custom airports created from scratch to match their real life AK counterparts as closely as possible and provide them with corresponding off-airport scenery.

4 Likes

I think I have an earlier version of that. Wow! indeed. My goal is still to use it with FSE to see if I can profitably make it to Wiley-Post (Barrow) in the 407.

@NEVO Do you know if there is anything similar for XP11?

Perfect playground for my Eurofox.

1 Like

here you go

As part of an ongoing project to enhance low level VFR flying in Alaska, here are 126 new custom airports equivalent to 3D Gateway versions in X-Plane Global.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/81771-alaska-3d-global/

See my other Alaska orthoscenery scenery package Alaska Small Airport FSE 1.1.0 for an additional 259 airports and airstrips that are either undeveloped 2D or absent in XP.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/77416-alaska-small-airport-fse/

could you @smokinhole add anything I have missed pls

1 Like

@NEVO Awesome, thank you so much. I should have got of my lazy arse and had a look myself, but less time searching google = more time playing :slight_smile:

np

I learned trick or two how to conveniently find some files on xplane forums so I used that.

its like this (or something similar)

found file > click the dev > go to content > go to files

in there is list of files in case he has posted few. this way is easy to find more stuff from particular person.

2 Likes

released

3 Likes