Eject - Eject! - AAR

I’m a big fan of Arma 3 content (particularly the DLC helos), and I’m always keeping my eye on the Arma 3 Steam Workshop, which can be a bit hit or miss of course. This mission by Surfer ticked off the types of gameplay I like, so I tried it out.

Eject - Eject - by Surfer

The mission starts out with you flying over a raging tank battle along the FEBA. Your aircraft is mortally hit and you are forced to eject. A nice feature of Arma is that your parachute is steerable, so you get to pick where you drift off toward, but be careful to kill your speed prior to landing (as I rudely found out).

A quick look at the map shows me over the northeast end of the Almyra sand flats. As I descend into the maelstrom I take a look at the map and decide to go for an odd strategy and I steer my chute toward the north…

My flaming aircraft drifts off into the murk…

I see a small depression/streambed and aim for it hoping it will provide cover from the enemy forces in all quadrants…

So my initial plan is to move along the drainage to the north. My plan (oh…what a plan!) is to go north and seize that enemy helicopter and fly it back to friendly territory. Yeah - great plan huh?

I hunker down in the drainage and several enemy units bypass me leading to some tense moments…

After 20 or 30 minutes, I make it up and around to the western corner of where the helo was based…but the helicopter has departed and is down pounding units on the flats. Bummer - so much for my plan. The outpost is occupied by four defenders and I eventually (err…save/load saved the day) manage to dispatch all of them…

Ah…my chariot awaits! Should be no problem to hijack this truck and drive it back to friendly lines! Alas…the truck is not drivable! Darnit…

I ponder the map. Well crap, guess I’m gonna walk a few kilometers…and I head southwest along the road after looting the outpost for weapons, ammo, and first aid kits…

Ugh…but at least I don’t have to go all the way to Paros…

As I move down the road (off the road a bit), I keep glassing the area ahead. Soon enough I spot an interesting sight…a truck parked at a gas station. I hope it is drivable. Just a few hundred meters away sits an enemy armor unit though…

Keep low and stay out of sight…

I finally reach the vehicle…hop in…and YES…it starts!

I head down the road toward the “border” and know that trouble will await me there…

I stop short…pull out the binos…and sure enough…enemy armor and a squad of dismounted infantry…

…but I “crashed the gate doing ninety-eight…and said ‘let them truckers roll 10-4’”… (showing my age there??)

Apparently the enemy helo pilot was no big fan of country music though…and he blasted me with some rockets. I manage to escape before my ride blows up though… Too bad I didn’t have a Stinger in that truck…

So I have to go the rest of the way on foot…but I’m in friendly(ish) territory now, so not as much danger from patrols…

After another ten minutes of walking, I arrive at my friendly unit rally area… Whew!

A relatively short mission…straightforward, and fun! Had to do a few reverts for getting killed… It is fun to try out the mission in different ways…the beauty of a sandbox sim. I wouldn’t recommend heading to the beach though…lol…you’ll see…

Nice job by Surfer on the straightforward mission…

Hope you guys come around often to read AARs and contribute some of your own.

BeachAV8R

4 Likes

Always read AARs from this site. The best around really. You mention we can post our AARs here as well. Interesting, might have to try that. Can we post video AARs as well? I’ve got a few, some old ones I might want to post and share with others here before I create something new.

2 Likes

@RedBravo65

Absolutely! Post up…! I love AARs - old, new, blue…all kinds! Video AARs work too…that is a format I’ve adopted a couple of times, but man…that is a lot of work sometimes making those! Welcome aboard, thanks for the comments, and hopefully we grow into place where all kinds of AARs and screens can get posted…

Regards,
BeachAV8R

Looks like a fun mission, will have to give it a try…

@SiThSpAwN

Fun, straight-forward, and a nice relatively quick-hitter (still trying to find uninterrupted time when the 5 year old isn’t looking at the screen…I’m still not ready to have him knowing about guns and killing and all that stuff…)

BeachAV8R

My 3 year old daughter’s imaginary friends are Skeleton and Zombie (from Minecraft) and she regularly helps me spot ‘bad guys’ in War Thunder Tanks… does that mean I am out of the running for Father of the year :smiley:

Nah…that just means you’ll kick me and my son’s ass when we meet on the virtual battlefield… LOL…

Oh… now we are talking (sorry to drag this off-topic) Father-Kid DCS World Tourney :smile: