A Christmas Troll-tale…

Very true! As fate runs its little freakshow, I was confronted with that fact on my linecheck!
De-icing, medical emergency, unruly passenger, lavatory smoke alarm activation, minor technical issues and big delays were all thrown into my lap on that single flight.
The best instructor could not have dreamed up this scenario! :see_no_evil::smile:

So, yeah, from now on its always my f-ing problem! The time to send a sly smile from the right hand seat is over.

9 Likes

Congratulations on that 4:th stripe, @Yassy!

Next month it’s 5 years since I got mine…! Time sure flies.
Next year I’m following in @smokinhole’s footsteps to become a line check pilot. We call them supervisors in my airline.

5 Likes

Thanks!

I’d love to become a linetraining instructor down the line as well, but company policy dictates that a LTI moves up to TRI (type rating instructor) after a while and I am not convinced I want to go that route.

Getting more shifts in the sim than on the actual aircraft doesn’t sound very enticing to me.

6 Likes

While it wouldn’t be that kind of Sim/Aicraft ratio here, it would mean more nights away from the family and I’m not prepared for that just yet. In 5 years time our daughter turns 18 and should be able to get by without parents in the house all the time. :wink:

7 Likes