Advice sought for one last deep dive into flight simming

Sounds like a great plan.
It is possible to keep this hobby at a comfortable level.
I know, I go all in and get the most realistic add ons available and spend hours learning how to use it. I also build my own controllers and spend more time setting up my SimBox than I do simming. And then there can be months where I don’t have time for more than a quick dogfight fix every now and then.
Any hobby of mine must be scaleable, or someone will need to start making 30hr days, as an add on. :wink:

My personal take is to slowly start already.
At least you’ll have all the time to download the various GB of maps and modules, get a grip on the new issues and features… you know- ease your way in.
:slight_smile: It’s nice.

Well, gents (if anyone is still here…) I found myself a possible golden key, a simple solution to my ergonomic problems that will allow me to keep my racing wheel and H-shifter clamped to my desk while having my HOTAS firmly attached to my chair. And you can even quick-release these attachments so as not to impede non-simming office-work at the keyboard:

Monster Foundry Chair Mount

Thus emboldened – really, any other solution would have been a kludge, I just know it – I plan to get as large a gaming monitor as I can and essentially build my new PC around that. This would give me the option to run VR while knowing that, with TrackIR, the non-VR experience will be pretty state-of-the-art, too. Does anyone know if one very high-end gfx card will suffice for this setup, or is this why people get two? I am not contemplating triples, just a single high-performance monitor (Largest of which appears to be 32").

As always, your feedback will be much appreciated.

4 Likes