Aginor's weird NFL thread

Yeah that was a rookie blackout I think

1 Like

Haha nobody wanted to do the PAT!
The saints defense there was whoever wanted to play. I saw the Saints punter on the field.
Same for the offense. They were just standing there celebrating instead of doing the PAT

1 Like

Even pros make mistakes. Really great finish to that game. I’ve been on both ends of plays like this, sometimes you just get lucky/unlucky.

1 Like

Yeah, we have the benefit of slow mo and watching it a dozen times. As the commentator said…he was probably told specifically by the coaches…do not interfere…do not get a flag down there…and he was just worried about being to the play early. I feel bad for that guy…

Upon further viewing I also think that poor guy was actually confused about who was going to be the receiver for that ball. His tackle looked aimed at the other Vikings player.

Great pass by Keenum btw. He almost couldn’t believe himself how well that play worked.

I watched the documentary “All or Nothing” and it covered the Rams while Keenum was still there and I must say that I like that guy, he just had a lot of bad luck in his career so it is great to see that he got his badass moments now. It is the kind of story that I like, the underdog overperforming. He got that one chance in his career. Being the third QB in a NFL team normally means your career is over. Now he has a better chance of becoming a starter again somewhere.
People said “Oh No Keenum. The Vikings season is over” and laughed when he came. Now they don’t laugh anymore.

In that game I was torn since Brees and the Saints also played a good season and I think a Brees vs. Brady moment in the Super Bowl would have been awesome as well.

Funny part is, the game was not lost at that point.

The PAT can be blocked and returned for 2, not that it would help, lol.

Oh and talking about some tough guys:
The Saints Punter actually broke a rib in his first punt of the night when he tackled the returner and played the rest of the game like that!

Yes, I thought that he was in a lot of pain. I saw him winse badly after his last punt.

Grrrrr I am a bit angry that the NFC game (the one that is way more interesting) starts at half past midnight here so I only will be able to watch the first half… :frowning:

But until then: Go Jax!
Nothing against the Goat and his pals but… I am an Underdog fan. I would love to see the Jaguars in the Super Bowl.

Hey that AFC game isn’t as boring as I feared, quite the opposite!
Some very nice plays already, by both teams. I am impressed how Fournette punches through those D-lines.

Patriots defense is getting a bit better now. But still not perfect.

Fournette’s running style reminds me of LeVeon Bell sometimes. That guy has a bright future in front of him if he stays healthy.

Fixed that for you.

S’ok, everybody outside of New England despises the Patriots. And there are very, very few things that bring me more joy than seeing Brady and Bellicheat lose.

Well, they were the better team tonight. Especially the offense. So yeah another Patriots Super Bowl.

Now I actually fear the Super Bowl could get boring. I don’t see the Eagles or Vikings beating them.

Sorry about that @Navynuke99 - maybe next year…

Eagles in front concerning turnovers?
How uncommon. :smiley:

Going to bed now, but right now it looks good for @BeachAv8r and his Eagles!

We are getting there. Assuming we carry on (I don’t believe that) - I would have rather faced JAX than New England…but if you beat New England in a Super Bowl…that is saying something.

We’ll see. Knowing the Eagles, they will implode in the second half…

2 Likes

Holy crap Foles Flea Flicker!

1 Like

So… Looks like I’m cheering for the commercials and Justin Timberlake for this Super Bowl.

Haha…c’mon to the dark side and root for the Eagles. I mean…what other team…win or lose, is likely to burn their city down? LOL… I heard they slathered the light poles in downtown with Crisco to prevent the fans from climbing them.

Oh man… I swear, my old man is over the moon. If tickets weren’t $4,000, I’d buy him a ticket to go see his team play in the Super Bowl…